The Daily for Monday Jun 21, 2021

richwmn

12 hours ago, kazu said:

I KNOW you wouldn’t do that.  Honestly, some people are just plain not nice at times or is very blunt the better description?

I’m trying to be nice but I am getting weary of it.

Sorry for the vent.

@kazu  Jacqi - Not a vent. Perhaps a bit of disappointment/exasperation. You are nice. Very nice. And so caring. Some people are just dumb as rocks. And some give rocks a bad name!

• Like 9

5 hours ago, kazu said:

A bit more enlightenment and clarification on the news this morning.

The lifting of the quarantine only applies to Canadians right now, however, Canada does plan on opening the border to those that are fully vaccinated and not require quarantine once 75% of Canadians are fully vaccinated.

So, until July 21st the news isn’t of help to your DD’s MIL but, it is very possible that there will be a more positive announcement before July 21st.  Canada is moving quickly now on the second vaccination and the time table has moved up significantly.  Here in NB, the Government will fully re-open NB to code green (normalcy) as long as 75% of the population is fully vaccinated and the Government has pledged sufficient vaccine to inoculate every NB’er who wants it.  🤞 

Thank you for the info! She's waited this long, and hopefully won't have to wait too much longer now. 🙂  So sad, her DM doesn't understand why she doesn't visit.  She doesn't believe the border is closed.  😞  

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Thank you for the info! She's waited this long, and hopefully won't have to wait too much longer now. 🙂  So sad, her DM doesn't understand why she doesn't visit.  She doesn't believe the border is closed.  😞  

My dear aunt thought we visited last year after I phoned and sent a card!  She told her daughter she didn’t know how we did it but we were there even with the closed border, bless her heart.  

It is so hard on the very elderly!  Hoping things improve soon! 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1