Cruise with Confidence NR Deposit

Lolou127

Good morning everyone, we’re booked on the Silhouette European capital cities cruise in September, our payment date is fast approaching, I’ve no idea if this cruise will sail and X probably don’t either, it’s going to 5 different European countries with probably 5 sets of Covid rules!! 
This was a L & S from last year, would anyone know if we’d be covered under the CWC rules on NRD and if we cancel now we’d get our deposit back as FCC?

1 hour ago, Lolou127 said:

This was a L & S from last year, would anyone know if we’d be covered under the CWC rules on NRD and if we cancel now we’d get our deposit back as FCC?

I agree with @cruisestitch to hold off any action until the last minute.  As far as L&S there was a clause in the T&C that said that any penalty carries forward to the new sailing.  For example if someone was inside final payment in the 25% penalty phase and did L&S, if they then subsequently cancelled 6 months prior to the new sailing date the dollar amount of that 25% penalty was accessed (reduced FCC).

Now the worst case if you had done L&S prior to your original final payment date would be the $100 pp penalty and the rest of your deposit should be returned as FCC.

Thank you both, I’ve just managed to speak to a lovely lady at X, she’s said we can possibly delay payment for 1 week, gone through various options with me, one of which would be to have our current deposit as a placeholder valid until 2023, we’ll wait now until nearer our payment date to see what happens, our cruise is still on the X website at the moment 

• Thanks 1