FUTURE CRUISE CREDIT

abby1257

My last cruise was cancelled (it was paid in full, I was refunded gratuities and port taxes)....I still have a 500.00 credit after paying in full ....a new cruise..(the cruise I just booked was ALOT CHEAPER)....I was also given a 300.00 OBC as a perk for rebooking.  Hope I am making sense...so as it stands I have an $800.00 credit ...My question is this....Will the $800.00 show on my card or will they disperse it between the 3 of us in the room.....

Edited by abby1257

26 minutes ago, abby1257 said:

My last cruise was cancelled (it was paid in full, I was refunded gratuities and port taxes)....I still have a 500.00 credit after paying in full ....a new cruise..(the cruise I just booked was ALOT CHEAPER)....I was also given a 300.00 OBC as a perk for rebooking.  Hope I am making sense...so as it stands I have an $800.00 credit ...My question is this....Will the $800.00 show on my card or will they disperse it between the 3 of us in the room.....

I think the $500 credit will go on your account (assuming you were the one that paid for the original cruise).  I assume, but am far from certain, that the $300 OBC would be split between the 3 of you.  I base this assumption on my own booking wherein I was given a $600 OBC for having paid in full and not requesting a refund after the sailing was cancelled.  That credit was split between the people in the cabin.

The 2 people I am cruising with were NOT booked on the cancelled cruise....I was booked with my sister on the cancelled cruise....we got 600.00 OBC...She is booked in another cabin with someone else...so I am hoping they will put the 300 on mine and 300 on her card

Edited by abby1257

On 6/24/2021 at 8:57 AM, abby1257 said:

Did you have to call to apply the FCC or is there a way to use it online?

On 6/28/2021 at 12:36 PM, abby1257 said:

The 2 people I am cruising with were NOT booked on the cancelled cruise....I was booked with my sister on the cancelled cruise....we got 600.00 OBC...She is booked in another cabin with someone else...so I am hoping they will put the 300 on mine and 300 on her card

You have a mess then. The onboard credit is divided between every adult in the original room. I was on the phone dealing with this yesterday.  You will only get your portion of the onboard credit. The other will stay in their names and you cannot get that at all. The refund amount will also be divided between each adult in the room. Even if you paid for it, it will be in their names. If you paid for it, they have to complete a form authorizing Carnival to give it to you. They will also deduct a $20 "service fee" for each one of them. Very aggravating, but that's the way it is. 

On 6/28/2021 at 12:36 PM, abby1257 said:

Sorry I missed the part about you wanting it to go to your sister. Yes, her half should be on hers. Yours will be on yours and not the others two with you now.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/29/2021 at 5:58 PM, Lee Cruiser said:

You have a mess then. The onboard credit is divided between every adult in the original room. I was on the phone dealing with this yesterday.  You will only get your portion of the onboard credit. The other will stay in their names and you cannot get that at all. The refund amount will also be divided between each adult in the room. Even if you paid for it, it will be in their names. If you paid for it, they have to complete a form authorizing Carnival to give it to you. They will also deduct a $20 "service fee" for each one of them. Very aggravating, but that's the way it is. 

Ok, so, are you saying, I will get 1/2 of the $600 OBC for rebooking a cruise and the other half will be put on my sister's card...even though she is in another cabin...OK, that makes sense...but WHY would they divide the other $500 between everyone in the room.  That $500 is the amount left over from my last cruise....in my name.....??????

On 6/29/2021 at 5:22 PM, KKB said:

Did you have to call to apply the FCC or is there a way to use it online?

I'm sorry, Im not sure what you mean, when I booked my new cruise, the total OBC shows at the bottom of the bill but doesn't show how it's dispersed....it should all be on MY card...none on the other 2 people in the room....they should not have any onboard credit.....

Edited by abby1257

12 minutes ago, abby1257 said:

Ok, so, are you saying, I will get 1/2 of the $600 OBC for rebooking a cruise and the other half will be put on my sister's card...even though she is in another cabin...OK, that makes sense...but WHY would they divide the other $500 between everyone in the room.  That $500 is the amount left over from my last cruise....in my name.....??????

Idk I would ask someone at carnival. News to me you can split the 600 between 2 cabins. I'd like to hear from carnival or someone who did this.

18 minutes ago, abby1257 said:

Sorry, I'm certainly not good at explaining it. I was trying to say the $500 would be divided between everyone in the original room. If it was all in your name, then it should be yours. But, the only way to really get the right answer is to call them. I can tell you personally that it is not as simple as it would seem when dealing with future cruise credits and OBC. I found that out when I called. 

10 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Idk I would ask someone at carnival. News to me you can split the 600 between 2 cabins. I'd like to hear from carnival or someone who did this.

The $600 is divided between every adult in the original room. We found that out when we called. Since our daughter (who was on one of the original bookings though I paid) was not on the booking we transferred to, we would only get the other $400 of OBC. She would have her's in her name to use later. We also could not get the amount we paid for her with our credit card without her completing a transfer request allowing the amount we paid (less a $20 service fee) to be transferred to me. Took about three weeks, but finally got a verification this week. Once she transferred the payment to me, the other $200 OBC is gone. None of us can use that now.

This became so convoluted and the cancellations piling up that for some cruises I just asked for all my money back. For one cruise my friend and I were going on the Mardi Gras in January. That was cancelled. She was flying down so we rebooked the Legend going out of Tampa the same day as the MG cruise and she was able to change her flight to there.  Now we had $600 in OBC. Then that cruise was  cancelled and we lost our OBC but gained a new lot for another future booking plus the FCC or deposit from the 1st one. I found that unless we cruised together the OBC would be split between us. However by just asking for my 2 deposits back since they were on my credit card, we avoided any confusion. Also after that I just booked for one person on the MG planning to add her if we were actually  going to cruise. I also didnt add the FCC and OBC until I knew we would cruise. I ended up with 20 cancellations (5 from the MG) but none since have been rebooked cruises. The only cruise I do have the lovely $600 OBC applied to is the Celebration as that $800 OBC total looks so nice.($200 for booking the 1st day or so.)