Embarkation Virtuosa Query

wirral36

17 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

Thanks for that, it sounds like it might be pot luck with Johnnylickly's experience, or maybe just because it was Johnny's first MSC cruise. 

Yes maybe luck then, just didn't speak to anyone who had problems when we were on.Hopefully you will be OK.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

As you just got off and mentioned you were diamond, have they sorted oy the card problem? I think the earlier sailings everyone was getting a regular card and needed to get it sorted out at customer service to get the right card and perks.

I’m diamond aswell. I’ll keep thst it mind. 

23 minutes ago, wirral36 said:

I’m diamond aswell. I’ll keep thst it mind. 

If you have any problems the YC concierge will sort it for you, they were amazing with any little queries.

7 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

If you are in YC I'm sure you have a very good chance, they fall over themselves to assist, I think I would risk it if I had a YC cabin.

In the early threads it was clear they were making people with regular cabins wait outside the terminal building until their allotted time, I would certainly not bother trying with a regular cabin.

I was in a “regular cabin” and turned up early in Southampton, we had no problems with embarking and was onboard and on my “regular cabin” balcony before my allocated check in time. 

1 minute ago, two hoots said:

I was in a “regular cabin” and turned up early in Southampton, we had no problems with embarking and was onboard and on my “regular cabin” balcony before my allocated check in time. 

Good to know, I was going on the previous reports from those that have sailed and saw people waiting outside, I have not sailed yet.

Why the highlighting of regular cabin? I have an inside booked if it matters.

24 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

I think the poster meant an ordinary cabin on the ship as opposed to one in YC?

Edited by CaroleC

15 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

Good to know, I was going on the previous reports from those that have sailed and saw people waiting outside, I have not sailed yet.

We were not YC, but just a fantastica class cabin and had no problems, our embarkation time was 3.00 pm we turned up about 30 minutes early and got the impression that the staff wanted to get us on board asap 🙂

8 minutes ago, two hoots said:

We were not YC, but just a fantastica class cabin and had no problems, our embarkation time was 3.00 pm we turned up about 30 minutes early and got the impression that the staff wanted to get us on board asap 🙂

That makes sense if it was only 30 minutes early, I still think it would be foolish for non YC to turn up several hours early though.

57 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

That makes sense if it was only 30 minutes early, I still think it would be foolish for non YC to turn up several hours early though.

Me too. They’re obviously staggering embarkation for social distancing reasons and I really don’t understand what difference a couple of hours makes when you’re going to be on the ship for a whole week! 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, CaroleC said:

Me too. They’re obviously staggering embarkation for social distancing reasons and I really don’t understand what difference a couple of hours makes when you’re going to be on the ship for a whole week! 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Also, if they are testing each passenger….they couldn’t cope with too many at once.

• Like 2