What is the actual policy?

Raintree

Are Celebrity passengers that test positive during the cruise, debarked at the next port of call?  Are the passengers then quarantined on that island until they test negative?  Or are they flown home via chartered air paid for by Celebrity?  Thank you.

I believe that is only for sailing where the port of debarkation requires testing or the passengers are flying to the US.  It is my understanding that the cruises r/t out of Florida do not require testing prior to debarkation.

44 minutes ago, Raintree said:

Are Celebrity passengers that test positive during the cruise, debarked at the next port of call?  Are the passengers then quarantined on that island until they test negative?  Or are they flown home via chartered air paid for by Celebrity?  Thank you.

Until Oct. 31, Celebrity is assisting passengers who test positive during a cruise. There have been a couple of incidents so far, and the people in question were removed and flown home. The policy is explained on the Celebrity website. I believe it conditioned on the passenger being in compliance with Covid policies in place at the time.

Be aware that if you sail after Oct. 31, it is the passenger’s  responsibility to quarantine and get home on his own. So far Celebrity has avoided quarantine by flying people home on chartered flights under port agreements with the CDC. That will not apply to individuals who test positive and no longer have the cruise line’s assistance. That person will have to quarantine until a negative test allows him to fly home commercially.

39 minutes ago, jelayne said:

I believe that is only for sailing where the port of debarkation requires testing or the passengers are flying to the US.  It is my understanding that the cruises r/t out of Florida do not require testing prior to debarkation.

I hope that you are correct about the return to Florida from Celebrity.  Thank you.

37 minutes ago, Babr said:

Until Oct. 31, Celebrity is assisting passengers who test positive during a cruise. There have been a couple of incidents so far, and the people in question were removed and flown home. The policy is explained on the Celebrity website. I believe it conditioned on the passenger being in compliance with Covid policies in place at the time.

Be aware that if you sail after Oct. 31, it is the passenger’s  responsibility to quarantine and get home on his own. So far Celebrity has avoided quarantine by flying people home on chartered flights under port agreements with the CDC. That will not apply to individuals who test positive and no longer have the cruise line’s assistance. That person will have to quarantine until a negative test allows him to fly home commercially.

Thank you.

6 minutes ago, Raintree said:

I hope that you are correct about the return to Florida from Celebrity.  Thank you.

It's at least true for vaccinated passengers.  BTW, your signature shows you're a 20 year CC member but these are among your first posts?   Just curious about the circumstances of that.  Thanks.

Edited by marieps

26 minutes ago, marieps said:

It's at least true for vaccinated passengers.  BTW, your signature shows you're a 20 year CC member but these are among your first posts?   Just curious about the circumstances of that.  Thanks.

I mostly just read the posts and enjoy the conversation. This Covid situation has thrown us regarding all cruising and protocols.  At this point in time, we only cruise out of Florida. We are vaccinated and ready to cruise again.