Perfect Day Coco Cay - Increased prices

ladylyn915

We are booked on RCL next July.  I just looked at coco Cay prices!  Everything has increased dramatically.  We had originally booked a floating cabana for $1699.  It is now $1899.  Beach Club day passes are $199 adult and $179 child.  I paid $32 for my grandson last year!  It was on sale, but come on!  I guess we will just find a lounger.  Shame, I was looking forward to Coco Cay, now not so much.  I understand the cruise line needs to recoup some revenue, but this outrageous.

• 4 weeks later...

I agree that the prices are outrageous, but like everything else, it's supply and demand.  As long as people are willing to pay those prices, the cruise line will continue to charge those prices.  

Fortunately, there are a LOT of free loungers and umbrellas available, and you can enjoy a variety of beaches plus the pool for free.  The old Coco Cay had almost no shade, and you had to search for loungers, so IMO the expensive parts of Coco Cay help to pay for all the additional loungers and umbrellas that I get to use for free, so I'm okay with it. 

I’m most surprised at the price jump to the beach club passes, almost 300%. My guess is that they are doing that to make the Club cabanas more of a value for the $1200-1600 price tags. The higher the cost of Club passes, the better deal it is to pay for a cabana. 

Although I have cruised a lot, I'm basically a novice when it comes to RCCL and her private islands.  Saw Brillohead post re: loungers and umbrellas and just wanted to confirm something.  There are umbrellas and plenty of shade at Coco Cay and they are free??  That's my biggest worry, finding shade.  Unfortunately, due to medication I am on, I now burn fairly quickly.  I love the beach and being in the water, but my time in the water is the only time I can be in the sun.  Do we need to get to island a.s.a.p. in order to get an umbrella?  Is there a recommended area for shade, quieter beach?  Figured pool would be "party pool" and that not really my cup of tea.  Any advice on either Coco Cay or Labadee appreciated.  We will be visiting both.  Thanks!

3 hours ago, OhioJourneys said:

Although I have cruised a lot, I'm basically a novice when it comes to RCCL and her private islands.  Saw Brillohead post re: loungers and umbrellas and just wanted to confirm something.  There are umbrellas and plenty of shade at Coco Cay and they are free??  That's my biggest worry, finding shade.  Unfortunately, due to medication I am on, I now burn fairly quickly.  I love the beach and being in the water, but my time in the water is the only time I can be in the sun.  Do we need to get to island a.s.a.p. in order to get an umbrella?  Is there a recommended area for shade, quieter beach?  Figured pool would be "party pool" and that not really my cup of tea.  Any advice on either Coco Cay or Labadee appreciated.  We will be visiting both.  Thanks!

Yes, literally every other group of loungers has its own umbrella on Coco Cay, and they are EVERYWHERE on each individual beach:

IMG_20190926_154035339_HDR.jpg

When this picture was taken, it was early afternoon.  We had the wedding on the other side of the island at 11am, then changed clothes, had lunch, and went to this beach, where we had our choice of loungers and umbrellas.  

Edited by brillohead