Paying balance of cruise online (Carnival UK IT system)

majortom10

Tried to pay my balance for a Cunard Staycation in August online on Cunard's website by credit card. Filled in all details  correctly and received "one time code" by SMS to confirm it was me making payment. Then taken to page saying "please wait while we process payment" and a rotating circle. I then waited for over 30 minutes with nothing happening just this rotating circle so at present dont know if I have paid balance for my cruise or not. So now have got to try (that is a task in itself) and ring Cunard and chase my credit card company to see if payment has been made. Very poor IT system for Carnival UK that in this day and age it is not a straightforward and simple  process to pay balance of cruise online. Very disappointed that Cunard suppose to be a 5 start company with a 1 star IT system.

Can I just ask, are you using a mobile device to pay online?  I only ask because I’ve just discovered that I can’t pay anything via PayPal online with my iPad which has a Vodafone SIM. Not a problem with my iPhone which has an O2 SIM. My iPad also works with PayPal if I use it on my home WiFi. No problem if I pay with my credit card direct, rather than via PayPal. So, it seems that the problem I’m experiencing is a problem with Vodafone and PayPal but it would be good to find someone else with the problem.  The problem first occurred with me about 3 weeks ago.

1 hour ago, Happyboating said:

Can I just ask, are you using a mobile device to pay online?  I only ask because I’ve just discovered that I can’t pay anything via PayPal online with my iPad which has a Vodafone SIM. Not a problem with my iPhone which has an O2 SIM. My iPad also works with PayPal if I use it on my home WiFi. No problem if I pay with my credit card direct, rather than via PayPal. So, it seems that the problem I’m experiencing is a problem with Vodafone and PayPal but it would be good to find someone else with the problem.  The problem first occurred with me about 3 weeks ago.

No I am using a laptop at home with my home wi-fi. Dont know if payment has gone through and not had confirmation from Cunard that my balance has been paid.

Thank you for responding to my post and sorry to learn that you too are experiencing IT problems for some reason. I have to be honest, I love IT when it works but seriously hate it when it malfunctions!  Of course the first hurdle is always getting someone to take ownership of the problem and, sadly, I can’t put my hand on my heart and say I’ve never had problems with Vodafone or Apple etc.  I sincerely hope you manage to sort your problem and enjoy your cruise. 

4 hours ago, Happyboating said:

Thank you for responding to my post and sorry to learn that you too are experiencing IT problems for some reason. I have to be honest, I love IT when it works but seriously hate it when it malfunctions!  Of course the first hurdle is always getting someone to take ownership of the problem and, sadly, I can’t put my hand on my heart and say I’ve never had problems with Vodafone or Apple etc.  I sincerely hope you manage to sort your problem and enjoy your cruise. 

Been in contact with Cunard this morning and they took my details but they havent got back to me confirming if my balance was paid or not and not received any confirmation. Fortunately I have been in touch with my credit card company and they have confirmed that the payment made to Cunard was successful so obviously as expected it was a problem with Cunard's website and IT system.

Edited by majortom10