Jade Greece shore excursions

LADinCT

Will they add more shore excursions? The offerings are pretty dismal. They have 3 “selfie tours”, like it’s 2018. I’m afraid to book a private tour in case the cruise is cancelled or I have to cancel. Are people booking private tours?

Our Jade cruise this month was booked 07 April. We booked our excursions 6 days later on the 13th. This has to be guess because I didn't notice the total number, but each port had around 10+ excursions available. It seems best to book early, now it is down to 24 for all ports. We did cancel 1 excursion in favor of exploring on our own.

58 minutes ago, Sue Do-Over said:

My experience with private tours is that if the cruise is cancelled (or the port get skipped), then they refund any deposits. 

While that is generally the case with reputable private tour operators, it's still of course good to check a tour operator's policy on refunds before you book with them. 

• Like 1

We are doing several excursions on our own as we have a large group (17) going in August.  In Corfu we have a charter boat cruise with lunch and stops, in Oia/Santorini we have someone taking us by boat to a bus to avoid the backup by the cable cars to a winery and sights We so far only have the HOHO bus reserved in Crete through NCL, but looking at other excursion sites I think it's overpriced. My research shows that Rhodes is an easy DIY port.

We are to be refunded if there is a cancellation on our private excursions.  We made sure the terms were such.

I contacted a private boat/catamaran  company based on recs on the Greece board but it was €700 for 2. A little pricey, but will see if I can find 2 takers from our 9/26 Jade cruise.

Yes, there are 55 tours listed, but I really don’t want to spend all day on a tour bus or following people around. I was looking for some short ones, but they are mostly selfie tours. 

I contacted a private boat/catamaran  company based on recs on the Greece board but it was €700 for 2. A little pricey, but will see if I can find 2 takers from our 9/26 Jade cruise.

Can I do a sunrise cruise if we are leaving at 9? I’m hoping I can see Oia but not sure if there is time 12-9 is not a lot of time if we are supposed to be on board 2 hours prior.

Yes, there are 55 tours listed, but I really don’t want to spend all day on a tour bus or following people around. I was looking for some short ones, but they are mostly selfie tours. 

On 7/2/2021 at 11:38 AM, Sue Do-Over said:

My experience with private tours is that if the cruise is cancelled (or the port get skipped), then they refund any deposits.  They'd rather take the small risk of a refund over losing potential bookings.

I had a private tour in England and the ship could not get into port because of tides.  My money was NOT refunded and it amounted to a couple of hundred pounds.  If you do a non ship tour, make sure that the tour is refundable if the ship can't make port.  Mine wasn't and I gambled......and lost....