GRANDIOSA BARCELONA

Seanocelt

1 hour ago, Seanocelt said:

As others have explained, false positives etcetera  are my " fear" , i am fully jabbed, , but neither that , nor the testing systems are foolproof. And none of it is putting me off, i merely wanted to share the situation  on the ground ( and the sea)  here  in Spain. Many non Spanish speakers will be unaware and cruising has just restarted.   I could report weekly. Though i probably wont now.

What you wrote in post #18 gave me a very different impression, sorry if I misunderstood it. It sounded very much to me like you were reconsidering travel due to the possibility of false positives and hotel quarantines. My mistake. I wish you a very good cruise wherever it may be. 😊 

• Like 1

On 7/5/2021 at 7:28 PM, cruisingator2 said:

Since “you” quoted me please show me where “I” stated that I want a guarantee that there will never be a case. Do not put words in my mouth. By the way, not looking at it as an American view. This virus affects the entire world. 🙄

no it doesn't. In the Netherlands everybody's working for months, schools are open for months and the economy is booming. House prices are a record high...only young people get the virus (and those who refuse to take the vaccine which is their own responsibility). Those young people do not get sick....there are no new hospital and intensive care patients (only unvaccinated). So please stop with these hysterical comments...the cruise industry will go on and people will go on vacation. Now that almost everyone (whou could be reallly sick) is being vaccinated life must go back to normal....

• Like 2

1 - being vaccinated doesn't mean you can't catch it ( ie be postive with no affects )

2/ False positives is my big concern - i believe many of the cases across the world are false positives - different investigations have highlighted this.

I've just booked to go on this ship JAN 22 and i'm not concerned   

9 minutes ago, soloadventurer said:

1 - being vaccinated doesn't mean you can't catch it ( ie be postive with no affects )

2/ False positives is my big concern - i believe many of the cases across the world are false positives - different investigations have highlighted this.

I've just booked to go on this ship JAN 22 and i'm not concerned   

Being vaccinated does, however mean you now only have 2-5% chance of catching it, and even if you do catch it you have a fractional chance of dying from it.   Living in a society where so many people can seem to do that simple math is my big concern.