The moment of Truth for Azamara or "How I take dessert way too seriosuly."

Lowyfer

Who knows what you will be having. They are working on new menus all the time. So next year will have differences. I’d just enjoy whatever is on the ever changing menu and be thankful I’m even onboard 😀

By the way Swordfish was on the prime c menu December 2019. I had it a few times it was very nice 

• Like 3

RE Lobster thermodore. Just because it isn't on the menu doesn't mean you can't get it. I suggest you speak to the Maitre'D the day before and request it. I wanted lobster tails one night in Aqualina, I knew they were on board because they are always served on White Nights, but they are not on the menu. When I asked for them, the Maitre' asked how many. I said two. He was despondent. He brought out 5. Sandie took #5. They are extremely accommodating upstairs. 

• Like 1

Some years ago one of our favourite dishes in the speciality restaurants was Ossobuco, (that's probably spelt wrong).

It was taken off the menu but when we mentioned our disappointment to the Maitre he said when are you coming again.

On our next visit it was made especially for us and it was our best meal of that cruise.

Our favourite desert was the Grand Marnier souffle but that had also been removed along with the Lobster bisk stsrter

Again they have also been made especially for us since the were taken off the menu.

Nothing was to much trouble but we stopped mentioning things that were no longer on the menu has we did not wish to cause them extra work.

Edited by Bloodaxe

26 minutes ago, Bloodaxe said:

Nothing was to much trouble but we stopped mentioning things that were no longer on the menu has we did not wish to cause them extra work.

I think the chefs actually enjoy the appreciation of something and of course if enough fuss is made of how much a dish is missed they might bring it back. 

Phil 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

On my first AZ cruise, I was delighted to see Floating Islands in the MDR one night.  They were sublime in their deliciousness.  After that, I always asked what night they'd be on the menu.

And you're right about the burgers on the pool deck;  that dining location is my lunchtime favorite for many reasons. Lamb skewers, anyone?

Being a dessert aficionado, I always wished that the Mosaic Cafe would have specialty cakes and treats made only for that location, like Café al Bacio on Celebrity.