Edge Late Leaving St Maarten Due To Late Returning Passengers

RICCruisers

DW and I have also enjoyed Bonaire on our 3 visits.  But we do not take cruise line excursions in the Caribbean (and very few elsewhere in the world) so do not have the kind of issues mentioned in this thread.  In Bonaire we have done some boat/snorkel tours with the Woodwind (this is a very popular private tour with Dee who is a fabulous dive master and boat operator) or we just rent a gas powered golf cart and drive around the island stopping to snorkel (we have our own gear) at various locations.  Do not blame Bonaire because a cruise line contracts with a lousy tour operator.  The fault lies with your cruise line and their third party tour desk operator.

Hank

On 7/15/2021 at 1:41 PM, mom says said:

Well, you do you, of course. But our cruise visits to Bonaire have always been a highlight. Don't assume all excursions are bad because of one bad experience.

And remember next time to have the port agent contact info with you when you leave the ship. It's always printed in the daily planner.

21 hours ago, CTSandy said:

I echo your sentiments about Bonaire, booked two golf carts for our group of three for our August 27 sailing.  I talked my nephew and his wife into this because I enjoyed it so much a couple of

On 7/15/2021 at 12:47 PM, Fouremco said:

A bit off topic, but I couldn't ignore your final sentence.

DW and I have visited Bonaire on many occasions for dive holidays and cruise ports of call, and we will return very happily every time the opportunity arises. The last time we visited we rented a golf cart from Bonaire Cruisers and had a wonderful time, combining a tour of the island and snorkeling at a few of our favourite sites. Don't be discouraged by one poor excursion.

years ago.  A great excursion for a great price!  When I booked this, Debbie at Bonaire Cruisers said they were very excited - first cruise docking there since March 12, 2020.

My point was that Celebrity waited for our excursion to return, even though it cost them a pretty penny!