95% Vaccinated

drolltroll

I wonder how that is going to work? When everyone is done with filling out their vaccine survey and it comes to 50/50, they going to start picking who gets booted and refund their money and then open the cruise up to new bookings?

Anyone have any thoughts? I was asked over the phone if I was vaccinated so maybe if I said no they would have not even let me book?

3 minutes ago, drolltroll said:

I wonder how that is going to work? When everyone is done with filling out their vaccine survey and it comes to 50/50, they going to start picking who gets booted and refund their money and then open the cruise up to new bookings?

Anyone have any thoughts? I was asked over the phone if I was vaccinated so maybe if I said no they would have not even let me book?

No.  They don't make decisions quickly.  There are still people waiting on a decision for the Saturday sailings.

Edited by lobster1313

1 minute ago, lobster1313 said:

No.  They don't make decisions quickly.  There are still people waiting on a decision for the Saturday sailings/

Sorry, I don't understand what you are saying? What people Saturday are waiting on what decision? Were only the first cruises going to be 95% and it could go lower, is that what you are saying?

5 minutes ago, drolltroll said:

Where have you heard any of the sailings have been 50/50? Any proof to this? Or is it just conjecture? 

Just now, WhaleTailFlCruiser said:

Where have you heard any of the sailings have been 50/50? Any proof to this? Or is it just conjecture? 

I didnt say that.... What if they booked a bunch of people only to post their vaccine survey later, like mine was just a while ago, and half of the booked passengers did not get vaccinated as gleaned by the survey? 

Just now, drolltroll said:

Sorry, I don't understand what you are saying? What people Saturday are waiting on what decision? Were only the first cruises going to be 95% and it could go lower, is that what you are saying?

The people waiting on exemptions are waiting to hear if they're sailing so just filling out the assessment won't open up any more space.  The first 2 months are supposed to be 95% 

Maybe I am confused by this 95% thing and am over thinking it but if the survey is not provided until after guests are booked, how will Carnival know the ratio? They did ask when I first booked but why the survey if they are asking everyone?

2 minutes ago, lobster1313 said:

The people waiting on exemptions are waiting to hear if they're sailing so just filling out the assessment won't open up any more space.  The first 2 months are supposed to be 95% 

So are the exemptions part of the 5% or could it be 5% unvaccinated and more unvaccinated due to exemptions, is that what I am understanding?

Sorry if I sound like a doofus but maybe they were saving the 5% for children like someone else said and if you are not vaccinated or don't qualify for an exemption they never would book you in the first place.

The 5% is mainly children but adults are also receiving exemptions. 

The vaccine requirement came after most people booked and for my sailing 3 days before the final payment.   Also, most of the summer sailings are over sold so they haven't had too many more book

Edited by lobster1313

27 minutes ago, EngIceDave said:

I'd say kids first, they can't get it and they're the least to get really sick

That's a nice sentiment and would probably be fairest/safest but actually, if I'm being completely honest, I hope the cruise lines allow no unvaccinated passengers (even kids) or only the thoroughly vetted legit medical exemptions (even though a cruise ship probably isn't the safest vacation option for those folks) for the time being. At least until covid is a very small blip in the rear view mirror (which it's not even close to being). It will be available soon to the younger kids and they can join in on the fun again at that time. The cruise lines are on probation and there are many who are rooting for them to fail or waiting to point their little judgey fingers and say "see, told ya" and take glee in any bad news or negative press. 

Basically, just have this whole charade to satisfy certain state laws and meet the min Federal requirements. The less opportunities for covid to get on the ships and/or spread, the better. Having folks cancel who choose not to get the vaccine will be a lot less than all the people who will cancel cruises if covid cases start breaking out on ships. Ports may also close to cruises if they end up with a bad rep. Unvaccinated Covid cruises to nowhere may interest some customers but a larger majority won't be enthusiastic about that kind of prospect and will choose other options.   

Edited by cruisingguy007
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, drolltroll said:

Yes, sailings cannot have more than 5% unvaccinated .The CSO is still in effect until July 18th. If as you say it is 50/50, then 90% of those 50% unvaccinated are getting booted. The 5% that remain onboard will be exemptions and almost all of them will be kids under 12. Like another poster stated, the cruise leaving in 2 days has not notified passengers yet. 

just for clarification and don't get mad a me, just need clarification. 

IF the CSO goes bye bye in July- the ships can do what they want? if CCL sees the vaccinated 95% works- no cases- ports open,  no loss of revenue-  then CCL can keep it ?

15 minutes ago, stellarose said:

IF the CSO goes bye bye in July- the ships can do what they want? if CCL sees the vaccinated 95% works- no cases- ports open,  no loss of revenue-  then CCL can keep it ?

CSO only becomes advisory in Florida....it was a weird ruling to say the least

31 minutes ago, BoozinCroozin said:

Yes, sailings cannot have more than 5% unvaccinated .The CSO is still in effect until July 18th. If as you say it is 50/50, then 90% of those 50% unvaccinated are getting booted. The 5% that remain onboard will be exemptions and almost all of them will be kids under 12. Like another poster stated, the cruise leaving in 2 days has not notified passengers yet. 

Actually the cso is not in effect. No biggie, doesnt change what carnival is doing. The judge said the cso could not remain in effect when cdc appealed, and now I'm reading the appeal failed. I havent read it all .. but the cso is poof. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RedIguana said:

CSO only becomes advisory in Florida....it was a weird ruling to say the least

Lol its lifted only in florida??. . confusing I agree. I read the cdc appeal was denied. 

I'm asking not saying it's a fact where its lifted or not, the judge in florida said cso not in effect I read.

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 1

sooooooooo IF IF CCL likes the way things are going now.  As Ms. Duffy said- a "normal cruise experience'.  IF the 95% thing works- CCL can keep it??????   

I would love to know how Vista and horizon are working out

• Thanks 1

Just now, firefly333 said:

I read the cdc appeal was denied.

I do not believe the appeal has been heard yet. What was denied was asking the judge that ordered the injunction to stay his own order until the appeal can be heard. Next step the CDC will ask the 11th to stay the injunction  until the appeal can be heard.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Actually the cso is not in effect. No biggie, doesnt change what carnival is doing. The judge said the cso could not remain in effect when cdc appealed, and now I'm reading the appeal failed. I havent read it all .. but the cso is poof. 

The appeal failed in the Atlanta Federal Court where the CDC appealed it to after the Federal judge in Florida denied the injunction?

Edited by bdever

10 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

The CSO is still in effect until July 18th. What was rejected was the injunction on the injunction of the CSO. The appeal will process through the normal process. The CDC and Joe will push to expedite it. No cruise line is going to abandon what they have in place. No matter how much we agree that the CDC lost, they still have a massive sword. They can single handedly deny a cruise ship and all passengers from returning to the US if there is a positive test on a ship. They can leave the ship and all passengers at sea until 14-day quarantine after the final test. I can assure you that I would most likely be out of a job if that was the case. My wife would probably use most of her sick and vacation leave. 

Yes, the cruise lines and FL won big, but no where near out of the woods. The cruise lines are going to continue to follow the latest guidelines and play nice. Let FL and the CDC have their little whiz contest. 

• Like 1