Way to contact Carnival (such as via email or online form) without talking on the phone?

JohnMI

Is there a way to contact Carnival about an upcoming cruise without calling on the phone?  I'm having an issue where my account does not show the Onboard credit that I was promised.  When I booked it, I was told that it would "just show up" when we were closer to the cruise -- but everything I can find online seems to indicate that that is just not how it works -- and that if it isn't there now, then it isn't going to magically appear later.

So, I'm at the point where I'd really like to have a log of any conversations about this.  So, I'd much rather email them, for example, so that I get a response in writing that I can refer to later if I have issue with the credit, you know?

Or is my only option to call?  If I must call, do I need to speak with my rep that booked it?  Or can I call a more general number since, again, I feel like he's just telling me something so that I go away.  🙂

Thanks!

1 hour ago, JohnMI said:

Is there a way to contact Carnival about an upcoming cruise without calling on the phone?  I'm having an issue where my account does not show the Onboard credit that I was promised.  When I booked it, I was told that it would "just show up" when we were closer to the cruise -- but everything I can find online seems to indicate that that is just not how it works -- and that if it isn't there now, then it isn't going to magically appear later.

So, I'm at the point where I'd really like to have a log of any conversations about this.  So, I'd much rather email them, for example, so that I get a response in writing that I can refer to later if I have issue with the credit, you know?

Or is my only option to call?  If I must call, do I need to speak with my rep that booked it?  Or can I call a more general number since, again, I feel like he's just telling me something so that I go away.  🙂

Thanks!

Try calling Carnival Guest Administration @ 1 800 438 6744 ex# 7045. Whoever answers the phone ask to be transferred to guest admin. This is where I called and got my OBC answer. Good luck, let us know how it turns out.

If you have a PVP, you can email them and explain your problem. I have done it many times, and have gotten an email back when he has completed my request. Most recently, however, he did have to call me  back and do the change I requested in the system while we were on the phone together, due to new rules. That being said, it was easy, peasy.

In my experience, Carnival customer service has been top notch - well-trained, pleasant and professional.  You don't have to speak to the same rep.  I like to book online to keep their costs down (commission to PVP, etc.) but every time I've had to call I've been very happily impressed.

Edited by IntrepidFromDC

17 hours ago, JohnMI said:

Thanks!

Is it possible you are not looking in the right place?  They do not make it easy to see.

To see OBC you actually have to go into your "to do list" in your cruise reservation on line and print all your cruise documents (I always just print it to my screen so I don't waste paper).  The OBC actually shows up on these documents, but no where else when you look at your booking details on line.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, wemjam said:

Is it possible you are not looking in the right place?  They do not make it easy to see.

To see OBC you actually have to go into your "to do list" in your cruise reservation on line and print all your cruise documents (I always just print it to my screen so I don't waste paper).  The OBC actually shows up on these documents, but no where else when you look at your booking details on line.

Yes, I used the manual link doing the copy-and-paste of the link with my booking number to pull up the full docs -- and it is not there.  I even confirmed with others where it should be on that document -- and it isn't there for mine.

I've emailed the person that I booked it with.  Not my normal rep because this was a group/wedding event, so I had to go through a different guy.  We'll see what he says.

Edited by JohnMI

Yep, if you are not seeing it in your docs, then you don't have it.  I would certainly go to the person you booked it with, because if they said you would get it, then you should.

One other note for future... when you book and they email you your booking confirmation - OBC WILL show up on it.  It should be there in the total lines right from the get go, if it is not, then I would contact them back right away.   Check your initial booking confirmation email and see if it shows there, if not, then again somebody seems to have misled you on your OBC.

I wish Carnival made it much easier to see OBC while just looking at your booking info on line!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JohnMI said:

Yes, I used the manual link doing the copy-and-paste of the link with my booking number to pull up the full docs -- and it is not there.  I even confirmed with others where it should be on that document -- and it isn't there for mine.

I've emailed the person that I booked it with.  Not my normal rep because this was a group/wedding event, so I had to go through a different guy.  We'll see what he says.

Im not sure what you mean by "copy-and-paste of the link".  If your cruise is fully paid just click on the print docs under My to do list on your Cruise Manager Page there is no copy and paste required.  it should be on second page of your docs in the box below itemized charges as below

"All prices quoted in USD Onboard Credit: 500.00 *Note: Taxes, Fees, Port Expenses and Fuel Supplements are subject to change and Carnival reserves the right to collect any increases in effect at the time of sailing even if the fare has already been paid in full. For a full definition of "Taxes, Fees, Port Expenses and Fuel Supplements" please refer to paragraph 1 of the cruise ticket contract. Any credit adjustments will appear on the guest’s onboard Sail and Sign account as an onboard credit"

Alternatively you can check your CabinConfirmations@carnival.com email that you recieve with each payment andit will be on the first page under the total payments and credits such as below

On Board Credit (USD) $500.00

if its not there you dont have OBC.  Highly unlikey it will appear later or after you board.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wemjam said:

Yep, if you are not seeing it in your docs, then you don't have it.  I would certainly go to the person you booked it with, because if they said you would get it, then you should.

One other note for future... when you book and they email you your booking confirmation - OBC WILL show up on it.  It should be there in the total lines right from the get go, if it is not, then I would contact them back right away.   Check your initial booking confirmation email and see if it shows there, if not, then again somebody seems to have misled you on your OBC.

I wish Carnival made it much easier to see OBC while just looking at your booking info on line!

So, part of the issue is that this was related to Carnival's website making statements about NOT canceling a cruise.  When I originally booked with the wedding party, it was just a $25 OBC.  No big deal.  But then, a couple of months ago, we'd get updates every week from Carnival about the status of our August cruise.  It had a link to click where you'd enter your booking number and cruise date and it would give you the status of your sailing (since everyone was wondering if it was going to be cancelled or not).  One of those weeks, when I clicked through to check the status and it said it was still sailing, it had a new section at the bottom that said that I could cancel now for a full refund -- or I could continue to sail and would receive an additional $100 OBC for NOT cancelling the cruise.  So, I didn't cancel, of course.  THAT is the $100 OBC that I am looking for.  So, there was never any email or booking confirmation to state it.  (My original booking email DID show the $25 OBC.)

So, this is more than just my original booking.  It is Carnival extending an additional $100 OBC to not cancel earlier this year.  That is what I have no email record of.

Note that I mentioned the $100 bonus OBC for not cancelling when I spoke with my rep when they switched from the Elation to the Magic (because I needed to adjust my room).  He confirmed that I'd get the extra $100 OBC later.  And that is what I'm trying to track down now -- since, again, it is not showing in my documents (but I have no original email to go back to since it was just on the web site).

2 minutes ago, kdr69 said:

Im not sure what you mean by "copy-and-paste of the link".  If your cruise is fully paid just click on the print docs under My to do list on your Cruise Manager Page there is no copy and paste required.

Last week, those links were not showing up for some of us.  Even with a paid-in-full cruise.  You had to copy and paste in the document link with your booking number to get to your documents.

I'd check my To-Do list now, by Carnival's site is not even letting me log in.  (Or, it does, and then logs me back out before I can get to the ToDo list page.)  

In any case, I was looking at the correct documents.  It wasn't on there.  I've emailed the rep that I reserved it with.

5 minutes ago, JohnMI said:

In any case, I was looking at the correct documents.  It wasn't on there.  I've emailed the rep that I reserved it with.

👌

1 hour ago, lobster1313 said:

That OBC won't show up till you actually get on the ship.

Ok, so that is indeed normal then?  Just feels weird that I have nothing that says it, you know?  It was listed on their website, but I didn't think to take a screenshot of it, so I literally have nothing stating that I'll get it.  Just wanted to know if I was going to have an issue before I got on, I guess.  🙂

Thanks though -- at least now I know that it might be correct still.

1 hour ago, kdr69 said:

it should be on second page of your docs in the box below itemized charges as below

"All prices quoted in USD Onboard Credit: 500.00

So, just to note it, my 2nd page doesn't list any itemized charges.  I don't know if it is because we're part of a wedding group or what.  It just says "As Agreed" (see attached image).

But, definitely doesn't list any OBC.

Carnival.PNG

1 minute ago, JohnMI said:

So, just to note it, my 2nd page doesn't list any itemized charges.  I don't know if it is because we're part of a wedding group or what.  It just says "As Agreed" (see attached image).

But, definitely doesn't list any OBC.

Carnival.PNG

im not familiar with how group bookings work but that could very well be why.

Yeah, to be honest, the whole "group booking" thing is pretty poorly done and I'm not a fan.  Basically, someone goes "Hey!  We're going to have a big group on the cruise due to a wedding" and they get assigned a PVP for that.  But then we all have to call them (instead of our usual PVP) and book it -- and give them some group code to get "group rates."  In the 3 times I have done this, my normal Carnival VIPF (or whatever) deal has been a better price.  It will, at least, let you book under your own deal if it is cheaper -- you just have to call and give them your group number so that the group leader gets "credit" for it being part of your group.  I guess they get some agreed-upon bonus for all of us (like $50 OBC per room -- or some free wine -- or whatever).

Then they send all of my booking details to the person that created the group!  They got emailed my confirmation, my booking number, how much I paid, whether or not I pre-paid gratuities, my room type and even room number, and so on.  It even says that it was "booked by" them even though I booked it normally and just gave them the group number to track it with.

And, now, as I said, it appears it makes my documents weird since they don't even show what I paid and such.  It's pretty funny that my docs don't show it -- but they had no problem emailing it all to someone else on my behalf!  🙂

So, yes, not a fan of the "group" thing for cruising.  Just seems like a big hassle so that someone else gets some free wine or extra OBC...

Edited by JohnMI

4 minutes ago, JohnMI said:

I guess they get some agreed-upon bonus for all of us (like $50 OBC per room -- or some free wine -- or whatever).

ive heard that is typically a free room for every x number of rooms booked but it could also be a discount for the organizer of the group as well

Yeah, I don't really mind that they get something.  I just wish it was more of a situation where it isn't so tied together.  I wish it was more just like a referral code anywhere else -- where they get credit for me booking because of the group -- but once that happens, my account is my account and everything is separated.  I just don't like that it is still tied to the group -- that she gets all my info -- and it even says it was booked by her when that isn't what happened at all.  Just give a referral code that gives her credit for all that book under her referral and be done with it.

But, she also arranges dining plans and where we all sit -- so I guess there is more to it -- but they could still allow all that without it being as if she booked us all and sending my info to her...

Oh well.  No biggie, I guess.

2 hours ago, JohnMI said:

Ok, so that is indeed normal then?  Just feels weird that I have nothing that says it, you know?  It was listed on their website, but I didn't think to take a screenshot of it, so I literally have nothing stating that I'll get it.  Just wanted to know if I was going to have an issue before I got on, I guess.  🙂

Thanks though -- at least now I know that it might be correct still.

Yes. It's normal. Carnival has stated that it will be there once we get on the ship.  I am sail tomorrow and I printed the email just in case.

4 hours ago, wemjam said:

Beat me to it.  I always keep all of my emails for this very reason and I even print out the one with the OBC just in case.  I agree - we shouldn't have to jump through hoops just to see our OBC.

It's the same with Cheers.  We got it for the first time and other than the paragraph at the very bottom, there is nothing that says we have Cheers.  

image.png.c72e5d120ef058d9a069a497e19d3877.png

There is also a pop-up (that I took a screenshot of) that says it when I go to my Cruise Manager, but nothing else.  Carnival really needs to do better with these things.  It really messes with us planners.  😁

3 hours ago, TerReuv said:

Beat me to it.  I always keep all of my emails for this very reason and I even print out the one with the OBC just in case.  I agree - we shouldn't have to jump through hoops just to see our OBC.

Note that I also keep all of my emails.  But, in this case, as I explained above, there was no email for the $100 OBC bonus.  It was simply stated on a web page when you went to check the status of your cruise last month.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TerReuv said:

It's the same with Cheers.  We got it for the first time and other than the paragraph at the very bottom, there is nothing that says we have Cheers.  

image.png.c72e5d120ef058d9a069a497e19d3877.png

There is also a pop-up (that I took a screenshot of) that says it when I go to my Cruise Manager, but nothing else.  Carnival really needs to do better with these things.  It really messes with us planners.  😁

Hilarious.... me too!  took screen shots and saved them in the phone so I can show it if I have to.  In all of our over 40 cruises never gotten cheers before, got it on 3 out of our 4 cruises booked this year - NEED IT after the last year, and price was a steal and totally worth it with the special offer we got.  Going to make excellent use of it.

• Like 1