Questions - Bahamas Health Visa

satchimosmom

Our cruise doesn’t leave until 9/11, but I’ve been looking over the health visa application.  We’re flying in and then boarding our ship the same day. 

It specifically asks for the “address” of our accommodations.  What is everyone putting down for that?  It allows you to select “vessel” but still wants an address.  

Or maybe I’m just old and addled. 🤪

Thanks!

Are you cruising out of the Bahamas?

Are you vaccinated?

If you are vaccinated & not cruising out of the Bahamas you do NOT need a Bahamian Health Visa.

I am cruising 7/24 & 31, both stopping in Nassau. I am vaccinated--no visa needed.

(honestly now that I look over my cruise docs, I'm not even sure if the vaccination matters as unvaxxed will have negative test b4 boarding)

Edited by KKB

14 hours ago, KKB said:

Are you vaccinated?

If you are vaccinated & not cruising out of the Bahamas you do NOT need a Bahamian Health Visa.

I am cruising 7/24 & 31, both stopping in Nassau. I am vaccinated--no visa needed.

(honestly now that I look over my cruise docs, I'm not even sure if the vaccination matters as unvaxxed will have negative test b4 boarding)

That information is totally incorrect. Everybody entering the Bahamas, vaccinated or not, needs a Health Visa. If you are fully vaccinated, you do not need to get a PCR test prior to entering the country.

4 minutes ago, BBWC said:

That information is totally incorrect. Everybody entering the Bahamas, vaccinated or not, needs a Health Visa. If you are fully vaccinated, you do not need to get a PCR test prior to entering the country.

It is 100% correct.

I am cruising in 11 days, going to Nassau on both legs.

Have followed the Celebrity cruises that have gone out for the last several weeks from FLL--they went to Nassau on each of those. 

Vaccinated passengers did NOT need a PCR test to get on the ship, they did NOT need one to get off at Nassau, and they are allowed to roam freely on the island. 

They also were NOT required to buy a Bahamian health visa. This question was specifically asked to passengers on these sailings.

(that is correct TODAY, and could certainly change on a dime; St Maarten changed that requirement after 2 unvaccinated passengers broke protocol last week--this has caused a lot of discussion as vaccinated passengers believed they would not be subject to a COVID test at any point)

Edited by KKB

1 minute ago, KKB said:

Nope. I am cruising in 11 days, going to Nassau on both legs.

Have followed the Celebrity cruises that have gone out for the last several weeks from FLL--they went to Nassau on each of those. 

Vaccinated passengers did NOT need a PCR test to get on the ship, they did NOT need one to get off at Nassau, and they are allowed to roam freely on the island. 

They also were NOT required to buy a Bahamian health visa.

(that is correct TODAY, and could certainly change on a dime; St Maarten changed that requirement after 2 unvaccinated passengers broke protocol last week)

Are you saying that you are in Nassau only for the day, rather than embarking/disembarking? I was talking about the cruises that have Nassau as a homeport.

3 minutes ago, BBWC said:

Are you saying that you are in Nassau only for the day, rather than embarking/disembarking? I was talking about the cruises that have Nassau as a homeport.

I said:

"If you are vaccinated & not cruising out of the Bahamas you do NOT need a Bahamian Health Visa"

LOL--I have been known to miss a bit of someone's comment & misinterpret...

On 7/12/2021 at 8:11 PM, KKB said:

Are you vaccinated?

Yes!  Departing Nassau on 9/11.  

I posted this same question over under the Royal Caribbean page (since at the time no one had yet responded here).  The ones who are flying into Nassau do have to have a Health Visa.  The health visa basically ensures you’re vaccinated and the fee involved covers Covid insurance (for medical and quarantine) in case you need it.  

As for the “address” they ask for in the application, everyone is just putting “cruise port” and those applications are being accepted.  

And just to clarify - I found an article dated 7/5/2021 stating that visitors from cruises originating from Florida are no longer required to get a health visa.  (This requirement was in place originally but no longer.)

https://ewnews.com/free-pass-some-cruise-passengers-not-required-to-obtain-health-travel-visa

On 7/14/2021 at 12:10 AM, satchimosmom said:

And just to clarify - I found an article dated 7/5/2021 stating that visitors from cruises originating from Florida are no longer required to get a health visa.  (This requirement was in place originally but no longer.)

https://ewnews.com/free-pass-some-cruise-passengers-not-required-to-obtain-health-travel-visa

Thank you, I didnt even know about the health visa, and are porting in Nassau (from FL) and wanted to do Atlantis but then read about this visa and thought it threw a wrench in our plans..but apparently we should be good to go?!

5 minutes ago, petuniaflower said:

Thank you, I didnt even know about the health visa, and are porting in Nassau (from FL) and wanted to do Atlantis but then read about this visa and thought it threw a wrench in our plans..but apparently we should be good to go?!

Yes, looks like you’re set!  Hopefully it doesn’t change…again. 🥴

• Like 1

On 7/13/2021 at 11:55 PM, satchimosmom said:

I posted this same question over under the Royal Caribbean page (since at the time no one had yet responded here).  The ones who are flying into Nassau do have to have a Health Visa.  The health visa basically ensures you’re vaccinated and the fee involved covers Covid insurance (for medical and quarantine) in case you need it.  

As for the “address” they ask for in the application, everyone is just putting “cruise port” and those applications are being accepted.  

I was on the Adventure OS sailing out of Nassau on July 3rd.  We were required to by The Bahamas have the Bahamas Health Visa -- and had to show it at several times both on the US and the Nassau side of our flight.  For accommodations, we put Adventure of the Seas.  RCCL required that we have our original vaccination card and a negative PCR test five days prior.  Some debate on the boards about how to count days, but we got Tuesday tests for a Saturday sailing with same day flight.  Others may have different experiences, but this was my personal experience two weeks ago.  And of course, subject to change with little to no notice.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, geminitwin said:

I was on the Adventure OS sailing out of Nassau on July 3rd.  We were required to by The Bahamas have the Bahamas Health Visa -- and had to show it at several times both on the US and the Nassau side of our flight.  For accommodations, we put Adventure of the Seas.  RCCL required that we have our original vaccination card and a negative PCR test five days prior.  Some debate on the boards about how to count days, but we got Tuesday tests for a Saturday sailing with same day flight.  Others may have different experiences, but this was my personal experience two weeks ago.  And of course, subject to change with little to no notice.

Announcement was on the 5th and sounded like cruise day passengers do not need it as per linked article?

56 minutes ago, petuniaflower said:

Announcement was on the 5th and sounded like cruise day passengers do not need it as per linked article?

The loosening of restrictions requiring the health visa appears to be for passengers sailing from Florida.  Adventure of the Seas is sailing out of Nassau and presumably we will still require the health visa.  

15 minutes ago, satchimosmom said:

The loosening of restrictions requiring the health visa appears to be for passengers sailing from Florida.  Adventure of the Seas is sailing out of Nassau and presumably we will still require the health visa.  

Yes - at least on July 3rd, we could not even get an AA boarding pass on the US side without having our Bahamas Health Visa reviewed and approved.  Again, things are changing daily and could look drastically different by September.  As we got closer to our sailing, we received multiple emails from RCCL regarding protocols and requirements -- imagine it should be the same for you.  We had a fantastic trip and it was so great to be back to cruising!  Hope you have a great trip as well!