2022 Med & Transatlantic

Denmal

We are booked on the regal in 2022 for 26 days starting in Barcelona and ending I FLA.  Never traveled in the Med.before so looking for advice on good tours and a.good.guide book that would cover.all the ports....I REALLY want a good Vatican tour in Rome and will to pay top $$ if need be.  

We are going in November so hopefully crowds will be low.  Would love info about that from someone who has visited.that time of year, crowded ?  Weather ? Etc.

I love plan so yes I know it it over a year away but looking forward is fun for me

Thanks for any advice or info

• Like 1

I like Rick Steves books.  He does have a Med Cruise book.

I like going to Barnes & Noble, get a cup of coffee, and pull his books off the shelf, sit and do my research.

Check out your Roll Call and the Ports of Call boards.

Edited by patrickmoran
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, patrickmoran said:

I like Rick Steves books.  He does have a Med Cruise book.

I like going to Barnes & Noble and pulling his books off the shelf and doing my research.

Check out your Roll Call and the Ports of Call boards.

Also check out your library.  Rick Steves has a Podcast and web page which contains a wealth of information.

• Like 1

Hi.  Have you checked in the ROLL CALL section to see if your voyage is listed and setup?  If not, you can start one, but I bet it is already there.  That is the best place to discuss port tour opportunities and what fellow cruisers are planning.  You may be able to join a small-group tour where another guest is looking for couples to join them. 

I would say one thing, having been to Rome before when we toured Italy on our own as a land vacation, you should plan that the Vatican and St Peter's is your only activity of the port day in Rome.  Quite a distance to the city from the port and there is so much to see and experience at the Vatican it can fill whatever of the day will be available for that outside transportation time. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Denmal said:

We are booked on the regal in 2022 for 26 days starting in Barcelona and ending I FLA.  Never traveled in the Med.before so looking for advice on good tours and a.good.guide book that would cover.all the ports....I REALLY want a good Vatican tour in Rome and will to pay top $$ if need be.  

We are going in November so hopefully crowds will be low.  Would love info about that from someone who has visited.that time of year, crowded ?  Weather ? Etc.

I love plan so yes I know it it over a year away but looking forward is fun for me

Thanks for any advice or info

We have done the Med (but not a T/A) and I would highly recommend Rick Steves Mediterranean Cruise Ports guide book.  Lots of great information.  We used RomeinLimo.com for our Rome and Vatican excursion and they were phenomenal....highly recommend!

• Like 1