Tips for Singles?

Mumsykat

I am a widow and I'm cruising for the first time in almost 5 years, and first time with Oceania.  I will be cruising as a single, I'm a little nervous, and I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips/ideas as to general onboard atmosphere, dining, etc. Thanks for any help and encouragement!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Mumsykat said:

I am a widow and I'm cruising for the first time in almost 5 years, and first time with Oceania.  I will be cruising as a single, I'm a little nervous, and I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips/ideas as to general onboard atmosphere, dining, etc. Thanks for any help and encouragement!

First thing I would do is see if their is a Roll Call for your sailing. You just might be able to find some other singles there. Good for you for getting out on a cruise. Hope you have a great time!

1 hour ago, Laszlo said:

First thing I would do is see if their is a Roll Call for your sailing. You just might be able to find some other singles there. Good for you for getting out on a cruise. Hope you have a great time!

Thanks Laszlo! Love your name!

9 minutes ago, basenji56 said:

I am sailing as a solo on a Transatlantic in the Spring.  It will be an adventure!

Have a good time.  Yep, adventure it will be! THanks!

• Like 1

Hi, I am also cruising as a solo these days as my husband no longer wishes to travel. I used the search function on this forum to do some research on how Oceania approaches solo cruisers. As I recall. Oceania will organize a few meetings with the solo cruisers early in the cruise to help facilitate getting to know other solos. Perhaps they will have an early cocktail hour at a specific bar and then those who want to dine together can easily do so.
Well, my husband‘s family will be traveling with me also, so I can always hang with them much of the time.

Do join your rollcall as that’s a great way to get to know some of your fellow passengers before the cruise. Enjoy!

Edited by PhD-iva
Edit

Not quite what you asked, but the summer 2021 Oceania Club OLife newsletter said the new ship, Vista, will have "a new category of Concierge Level Veranda Stateroom dedicated to solo travelers". The online Vista info (https://www.oceaniacruises.com/ships/vista) doesn't have anything about staterooms yet, but it's fun to look at the other photos.

Make online specialty restaurant reservations as soon as available for your stateroom level.  I would encourage you to select "share" option with the reservations.  We have met and enjoyed  new friendships with several singles, adding them to our tours, meeting for happy hours, etc.  Many couples are not adverse to sharing with singles.  We would welcome you.

• Like 3