Blue Channel Snorkeling

PC Skier

It's the area right of West End. West End is where many dive boats head out.  You can also probably hire a small boat along the beach in West Bay and they can take you there.  

But from the port depends on which port you are at.  From Mahogany Bay, you'll get ship snorkeling excursions. If a ship excursion is heading to the west side, the Blue Channel is probably where you go.

While there heaps of boats coming and going from the village of West End, I would not expect any of them to be waiting on random tourists, nor would I wish to waste time trying to locate one and negotiating price with zero frame of referance.  The guys in West Bay near Bananrama are in fact waiting for random people to take snorkeling, still I don't like to negotiate with zero frame of referance and either way you still have to get to one of those places from the ship. 

For me the better course of action would to set it all up ahead of  time with a reputable company. You have plenty of time, have a look at all the tour companes to see if they offer what you seek. If not make a private day of it, ask the tour guys what they would charge you specificly for transfers and snorkling of Blue Channel.

On 7/16/2021 at 10:29 AM, PC Skier said:

Can't find any info on the companies we have gone with before.  I was hoping someone might respond with a name or website.  

My apologies I do not understand. What companies did you go with in the past. Trip Advisor has lists and lists of tour companies as does Google.  Off the top of head I only know of Bodden and Rory.  Bay Islands Adventures may do what you ask. 

Due to Covid it is darn near impossible to tell you what will be allowed the day you are on the island...last I hear ships were only docking at Mahogany Bay and guests were not allowed past the gate. Additionally, all employees of Mahogany had to have a negative covid test within 48 hours. 

I am sorry, due to covid things may have changed greatly, you will have to do the leg work yourself. Were it me I would start by searching Google "Roatan Snorkle Tours". I would have a click through their websites and send them emails asking if they are offering what I seek. 

• 4 months later...