Hoping to sail the Oasis--Internet Question

14 hours ago, Rogueperson said:

Nope, Oasis is HUGE.  We were on Allure and my wife clocked in more than 3x the steps on the ship than she would on a normal day at work on average while we did our 7 nights.  AND our room was right next to the elevator.  Would have probably been more if we had to walk past the elevators and beyond.

Also, Norwegian Joy stands at 166K gross tons.  Oasis is at 226K  A full 70K heavier.  73K is Grandeur of the Seas.

So, beings that this cruise is only going to the Bahamas and Florida and 3 sea days, we would have enough to keep us entertained? My dh isn't a fan of the Bahamas but he doesn't want to fly and this goes r/t from N.J. With things being like they are at this time with cruising, there's not a choice for Fall cruises. I think we'll have to try to find a great location on the ship!

15 hours ago, karinad said:

So, beings that this cruise is only going to the Bahamas and Florida and 3 sea days, we would have enough to keep us entertained? My dh isn't a fan of the Bahamas but he doesn't want to fly and this goes r/t from N.J. With things being like they are at this time with cruising, there's not a choice for Fall cruises. I think we'll have to try to find a great location on the ship!

Personally 3 sea days is great to explore what the ship has to offer.  One thing i felt about the Oasis class was all their stops before the pandemic were a little stock and trade.  Only big ports can take an oasis class ship so she usually sticks with the usual 7 nights.  Also, with the size of the ship, I felt that 7 nights wasn’t quite enough to fully enjoy the ship.  Allure was my last cruise before the Pandemic and it was way too easy to get overwhelmed with the offerings of the ship.  6 for fee restaurants (im counting Johnny Rockets) plus chef’s Table.  I was right.  You won’t get bored on Oasis and 7 nights isn’t quite enough for her.

8 hours ago, Rogueperson said:

Personally 3 sea days is great to explore what the ship has to offer.  One thing i felt about the Oasis class was all their stops before the pandemic were a little stock and trade.  Only big ports can take an oasis class ship so she usually sticks with the usual 7 nights.  Also, with the size of the ship, I felt that 7 nights wasn’t quite enough to fully enjoy the ship.  Allure was my last cruise before the Pandemic and it was way too easy to get overwhelmed with the offerings of the ship.  6 for fee restaurants (im counting Johnny Rockets) plus chef’s Table.  I was right.  You won’t get bored on Oasis and 7 nights isn’t quite enough for her.

I don't think that 7 nights is long enough for any cruise!LOL! I always end up going around the ship to take pictures on the last day. There's always areas that I didn't know existed and always sorry that I didn't discover them sooner.

With our TA we have a dinner included in a specialty restaurant. I will have to do my homework to see where we should eat.