Royal class cabin question

h-sar

Just booked a cruise for next year after almost two years of not being able to sail 😀. We are on the new Enchanted in an interior, M524, just under the pastry shop section of the buffet, just back of mid ship. Has anyone stayed in a similar Royal class location? Just wondering how noise might be if we’re under one of the buffet kitchens. First hand accounts would be appreciated. Thank you 😊 

31 minutes ago, h-sar said:

Just booked a cruise for next year after almost two years of not being able to sail 😀. We are on the new Enchanted in an interior, M524, just under the pastry shop section of the buffet, just back of mid ship. Has anyone stayed in a similar Royal class location? Just wondering how noise might be if we’re under one of the buffet kitchens. First hand accounts would be appreciated. Thank you 😊 

I know you said you wanted first hand experience but I could tell you from their older ships like the Caribbean Princess I remember years ago on one of my very first feelings I was on the Riviera which was right below the lido deck. We were kind of midship, as we were under the pool deck. I know being under there you can hear all the chair loungers being moved around. So for me I've just never booked anything right underneath that. And you can also hear when I used to care of them do the deck parties which they usually only do once a week on a Caribbean cruise. 

I think you'd be okay if it's just foot track thick above you but if you're possibly above where like the dining tables are up on the lido then you might hear things being moved around but yet again that's on carpet whereas chair loungers on the pool deck being on the hard floor so you hear movement on that.

Thanks for the insights, Jeter02! Much appreciated. For ourselves, we always book cabins on a deck that has only cabins above and only cabins below; however, this cabin is for my parents, and I thought deck 15 midship would be a good location for them to access the buffet and the pools one floor up. A bit worried about noise from above though. Catch 22. 😁

• Like 1

I put us under the buffet kitchen once. Once was more than enough. Constant noise, beginning at some insane hour like 1 or 2 and continuing for the remainder of the night. I can't say that the cabin you're looking at would be the same, but I will say that I'll never book another cabin under and part of the buffet again.

4 minutes ago, h-sar said:

Thanks for the insights, Jeter02! Much appreciated. For ourselves, we always book cabins on a deck that has only cabins above and only cabins below; however, this cabin is for my parents, and I thought deck 15 midship would be a good location for them to access the buffet and the pools one floor up. A bit worried about noise from above though. Catch 22. 😁

You're welcome, and totally understandable! I tend to always book midship on deck 8. One level above all the action , and 3 levels from the piazza. Never had any issues from the noise from below or The Piazza because there is like a double staircase to get up it's really it's not one flight it's two flights from deck 7 to get to where the cabins are on deck 8.