Ovation cabin 7254 obstructed view

Good morning,  Has anyone had any experience with this cabin or the one next to it #7258? We are currently booked on the starboard side in #7654 which does not show as obstructed but these two are a few hundred dollars less. Thanks in advance.

3 minutes ago, genovesemylove said:

Good morning,  Has anyone had any experience with this cabin or the one next to it #7258? We are currently booked on the starboard side in #7654 which does not show as obstructed but these two are a few hundred dollars less. Thanks in advance.

Ovation deck 7 OV cabins are the same as other Q class but for some reason RCI decided to call them obstructed - they are not. Due to this "obstruction" they categorized them differently and therefore cheaper - go for it.

Edited by Biker19

Just now, Biker19 said:

Ovation deck 7 OV cabins are the same as other Q class but for some reason RCI decided to call them obstructed - they are not.

Thank you very much for your reply,  I have spent a ton of time reviewing videos and could not figure out how one side of the ship was different from the other. It looks like the lifeboats on deck 6 are in the same spot on each side. 

1 minute ago, genovesemylove said:

Thank you very much for your reply,  I have spent a ton of time reviewing videos and could not figure out how one side of the ship was different from the other. It looks like the lifeboats on deck 6 are in the same spot on each side. 

RCI has made it more complicated, until last year most of the cabins on deck 7 were categorized as obstructed, now just some are. It probably has something to do with Alaska sailings (one side of the ship is perceived more desirable) where they can call it something else and charge more.

Thank you, I think I will switch to the port side  and save some money for excursions.

3 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

RCI has made it more complicated, until last year most of the cabins on deck 7 were categorized as obstructed, now just some are. It probably has something to do with Alaska sailings (one side of the ship is perceived more desirable) where they can call it something else and charge more.

Edited by genovesemylove