Best Areas to Stay in London

3 hours ago, Gourmet Gal said:

Thanks JB!  I appreciate you taking the time to evaluate the various locations.  I think I’ve narrowed down my choice to Hamyard, Haymarket or Soho but your observations are really helpful.  

I see you will probably hit 15,000 posts today!  Congrats.  I know I’ve read many of your keen posts before.  CC members like you have really made this forum into a valuable resource for travelers, not just cruisers.  Thanks again.

Aw shucks 😳. Glad to help.

I hadn't noticed - but yes, this brings up the 15,000.

I wonder whether I'll get a shiny badge 😉

JB 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/22/2021 at 4:46 PM, FolsomMike said:

Just an FYI…next summer in London is filling up fast. I just booked for next August and half of the 4 and 5 star hotels are completely booked. 

We just booked - staying at Taj 51 for four nights before our cruise and The Langham for two nights after our cruise.  You were right - a lot of places were booked up.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gourmet Gal said:

We just booked The HamYard Hotel for Sept. 2022.  Looking forward to a new neighborhood.

Nice.  I have not heard of this one, but as my wife and I discovered, there are SO many hotels to stay at in London 😎

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I know i'm too late answering, but in case it helps anyone else, or you visit again, I like to stay in Bloomsbury.
15 min walk to Covent Garden, also walking distance to Picadilly Circus, Soho, Green Park. I even walk to Regents Park and Westminster from there, it's really central.
Also I like the road that runs from Russell Square to Holburn, it has lots of little coffee shops, and feels fairly safe even at night. Good tube access too. 

• Like 1

We always stay on or near Trafalgar Square. You are within walking distance of a lot of the main tourist sites including Buckingham Palace, Westminster, and the West End if you fancy a show. Lots of good cafes and restaurants nearby as well. You are also within walking distance of the Thames. I may be biased, but IMO the views along the Thames at night are second to no other City!

Somewhere near Covent Garden is also a good  call as per debsjc’s post.

Edited by Simon-t
  • Like 2