Chocolate Buffet on the Westerdam

mmboogie107

Worry not. Last month, I went to the dessert shindig on the Westerdam (late night but not midnight), and it featured enough heavy-on-the-chocolate desserts to send a small army into a diabetic coma. While a goodly number of the desserts could be found any day at the Lido, the presentation was spectacular. Unfortunately, the service wasn't - as many of the desserts were individually sliced and served, the lines moved glacially. I was afraid the ice sculptures would just be puddles by the time I got to the good stuff.

The Westerdam does have a big desert buffet, heavy on chocolate, but not all chocolate like the NCL's Wind buffet. It was late, but not at midnight, and not all that crowded when we walked through and resisted all that temptation. This was last Sept. on the Baltic cruise.

On our Westerdam cruise in Dec, we watched them pour a 5 gallon bucket of chocolate into a fountain, then go back for another, then watch the chocolate pour out of the top of the 3 foot tall fountain. It was so fun to watch them set up for the "dessert extravaganza". THEN we came back for a taste (or two, or was it three)

Archived