Cancellation policy

zpdw484

Sorry I tried to use the search function but couldn't find exactly what I'm looking for. We are typically Royal Caribbean cruisers. Royal has the "cruise with confidence" where you can cancel up to 48 hrs before sailing and get a FCC. Does Carnival have anything like this? And if they do how long before sailing do you have to cancel? I looked at their website and it is sort of vague. Says something about being entitled to a credit if during a "public health emergency" but really didn't give any details.  Thanks so much for your help

Edited by zpdw484

Standard cancellation penalties apply, except right now thru oct you can cancel if you have issues with vaccination and get refunded. Beyond oct, whatever rules your fare had when you booked apply. 

There is no cwc on carnival.

1 minute ago, zpdw484 said:

Thanks Firefly. We are looking at Oct 9th. So if we needed to cancel we could claim unvaxxed and get refund. Am I understanding this correctly?

You don't even have to "claim unvaxxed",  just refuse to share your private health information.

1 minute ago, zpdw484 said:

Thanks Firefly. We are looking at Oct 9th. So if we needed to cancel we could claim unvaxxed and get refund. Am I understanding this correctly?

Why would you book now and then claim unvaxxed idk. The refund letter was already sent out to those already booked. Idk if you book now and then claim later you arent vaxxed. People in sept and oct are trying to canc now as they just now were allowed to canc. I'd say that's a gray area. 

Might work, but idk about someone booking now knowing you need a exemption to board unvaccinated. 

I will try to explain the situation lol. We are fully vaxxed. We are booked on Royal Caribbean out of San Juan Oct 10. I am pretty sure it will eventually get cancelled. Even if it doesn't if royals mask protocols remain the same we intend on cancelling with the "cruise with confidence" and pushing the FCC to a future booking. So we are thinking of booking Mardi gras Oct 9. Just wanted to know all of my options before booking, just in case by some miracle the cruise we have booked on Royal sails and they come to their senses about the whole unvaxxed passengers and masking thing. I just want to be up to date on current policy. Thanks for the help😄

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, zpdw484 said:

I will try to explain the situation lol. We are fully vaxxed. We are booked on Royal Caribbean out of San Juan Oct 10. I am pretty sure it will eventually get cancelled. Even if it doesn't if royals mask protocols remain the same we intend on cancelling with the "cruise with confidence" and pushing the FCC to a future booking. So we are thinking of booking Mardi gras Oct 9. Just wanted to know all of my options before booking, just in case by some miracle the cruise we have booked on Royal sails and they come to their senses about the whole unvaxxed passengers and masking thing. I just want to be up to date on current policy. Thanks for the help😄

Oh nice. I've read so many things about mardi gras, wish it was closer. 3 of the pay restaurants are free for now. And try the roller coaster for us please. 

Agree on wearing masks on rcl, not what I wish rcl would do. 

• Like 2

I am not sure I would "risk" it if you are just hedging your bets.  Carnival is allowing already booked people to cancel now because the announcements were just made that vaccination is required.  However, if you book now - AFTER this announcement was made, they may not allow you to cancel without normal penalties applying.  I know when I ran to the phone and booked my August cruise right after they made the announcement about August and September sailings my PVP had to read this big long "notice" that I had to agree too to book .  I think part if was I understand vaccinations are required... blah blah blah is all I heard cause I was booking a cruise!  I know it was a new spiel and was about sailing under current terms/situation.

Edited by wemjam
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, wemjam said:

I am not sure I would "risk" it if you are just hedging your bets.  Carnival is allowing already booked people to cancel now because the announcements were just made that vaccination is required.  However, if you book now - AFTER this announcement was made, they may not allow you to cancel without normal penalties applying.  I know when I ran to the phone and booked my August cruise right after they made the announcement about August and September sailings my PVP had to read this big long "notice" that I had to agree too to book .  I think part if was I understand vaccinations are required... blah blah blah is all I heard cause I was booking a cruise!  I know it was a new spiel and was about sailing under current terms/situation.

Thanks for the info. We have talked it over and are 100% committed. We are tired of waiting on royal to make their mind up and it doesn't seem they are in any rush to get rid of the mask protocols. We are tired of being in limbo and want to book something with atleast a "good" chance of actually happening and hopefully without a mask mandate. Plus the Mardi gras looks awesome and we will be able to drive instead of flying. With all the craziness around covid and Delta blah blah, Being able to drive, be flexible and avoid the air travel sounds great. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The Carnival website also says you need to fill out the vaccination survey within 48 hours of booking.

soo. I think if you book now for a cruise up until the end of October you will get a question about your vaccine status.

It sounds like most of us on here had booked a while ago before the new rules came into effect.

22 minutes ago, K_e_short said:

The Carnival website also says you need to fill out the vaccination survey within 48 hours of booking.

soo. I think if you book now for a cruise up until the end of October you will get a question about your vaccine status.

It sounds like most of us on here had booked a while ago before the new rules came into effect.

I booked first leg of breeze fairly recently, and then added on 2nd leg even more recently.

I did fill out the vaccine question, yes I'm vaccinated right after, but I think a lot are confused. Some said it shouldn't be open, keep watch, in case i have to answer again and that was a mistake. 

One of the parking guys had a family who couldnt board, carnival said they didnt fill it out and cancelled them, but they said they did. I'm not sure carnival has a policy set lol. Seems to change by the day. Keep watching. I've seen multiple posts people said it said not complete, after they answered.