Just got an E mail from Carnival, did anybody else ?

SmoothFlying

Stating that many ports in the southern and east/west coast ports were going to have (if I'm reading this right, so I may be reading it wrong) sail date changes for these ports  the last of Sept and the month of October. Goodness ! I wonder what in goodness brought these changes (if I'm right) now ! If anybody has heard and I'm just 'in the dark' (won't be the first time, mind you) PLEASE let us know what the heck's going on, Thanks.

Mac

1 minute ago, mondello said:

It was the definitive announcement of the exact restart dates for cruises out of those ports now that the restart rollout is under way.

Ahhhhh !! Thanks for enlightening me. Did not know that was in the cards, since they had already let people pay (in full) the last payment for those sail dates for the affected ports. Hope this doesn't upset the apple cart for those who already had their work vacation week locked in and can't change it. That was the way my job was, once you bid on a certain week and the vacation  GODS  approved it, that was IT ! 

Mac

Yeah, they were accepting deposits and payments on cruises during the shutdown, not knowing or saying when they would actually restart cruises. Many people have had cruises cancelled and rebooked multiple times. Carnival did give up to $600 OBC as a one time incentive to rebook. The restart is vaccinated cruises with 5% exemptions, mainly for kids under 12 that are not eligible for vaccines. So a lot of guests were in limbo waiting to see how the restart works out.

21 hours ago, SmoothFlying said:

Hope this doesn't upset the apple cart for those who already had their work vacation week locked in and can't change it. That was the way my job was, once you bid on a certain week and the vacation  GODS  approved it, that was IT ! 

The dates of the cruise aren't changing, just the ports. 

On 7/22/2021 at 4:52 PM, DAVLIB007 said:

Has anyone have the actual health questionnaire that has to be filled out 1 or 2 days before the cruise . just curious don't want any surprises 

Deleted- I think you are talking about a different questionnaire.  My answer was in reference to the vaccine questionnaire.

Edited by rs45thompson