I want to find health/evac insurance that pays out - like my us health insurance and not one that requires me to pay and they reimburse.  Is there options.  Seems like other than that, geo and Allianz seem to be what I would need.  Not sure if those plans will pay out after any us health insurance pays, as I believe the annual is secondary to your us health insurance.  Thanks for any guidance.  Chris.  PS I’m actually now a FL resident despite my label. 

Edited by HartfordCTChris
Added now fl resident

Are you aware that when you go to the doctor here in the US, present your insurance card, that the doctors office files your claim for you as a courtesy, not because of a requirement?

Why the courtesy? So they can get their money. So they can ensure it's done properly the 1st time. So they don't have to wait around for us to do it.

There are many medical instances out there even in the US where the doctors office won't file for you. They require payment up front and then YOU get to file for reimbursement.

18 hours ago, HartfordCTChris said:

I want to find health/evac insurance that pays out - like my us health insurance and not one that requires me to pay and they reimburse.  Is there options.  Seems like other than that, geo and Allianz seem to be what I would need.  Not sure if those plans will pay out after any us health insurance pays, as I believe the annual is secondary to your us health insurance.  Thanks for any guidance.  Chris.  PS I’m actually now a FL resident despite my label. 

Hi HartfordCRTChris,

GeoBlue can pay the Providers directly. Here's what the GeoBlue Trekker policy says:

International/Foreign Country Providers
If You are outside the United States, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Covered Expenses for these Foreign Country Providers are based on the Usual & Customary Fee, if applicable, which may be less than actual billed Charges. Foreign Country Providers can bill the Covered Person for amounts exceeding Covered Expenses. GeoBlue provides a list to Covered Persons of Foreign Country Providers with whom GeoBlue has contracted to accept assignment of claims and direct payments from Us or Our Administrator for Covered Expenses incurred by Covered Persons, thus alleviating the necessity of the Covered Person paying the Foreign Country Provider and submitting a claim for reimbursement. This particular group of Foreign Country Providers are a group of Foreign Country Providers for whom GeoBlue is able to provide background information and to arrange access for Covered Persons.

Foreign Country is a country other than the United States of America.
Foreign Country Provider is any institutional or professional provider of medical or psychiatric treatment or care who practices in a country outside the United States of America. A Foreign Country Provider may also be a supplier of medical equipment, drugs, or medications. GeoBlue provides Covered Persons with access to a database of Foreign Country Providers.

GeoBlue. This is the entity that provides the Covered Person with access to online databases of travel, health, and security information and online information about physicians and other medical providers. GeoBlue is the trade name of Worldwide Insurance Services, LLC (Worldwide Insurance Services Agency, LLC in California and New York), an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.

GeoBlue International Healthcare Community consists of physicians, dentists, mental health professionals, other allied health professionals, hospitals, health systems and medical practices countries throughout the world, all dedicated to providing high quality medical care to international travelers, employees and students. The providers are accessed through the GeoBlue online database or through the GeoBlue customer services.

You may see all the Geo Blue Trekker (Multi-Trip) Essential and Choice plan details here:

https://tripinsurancestore.com/geo-blue-trekker-travel-medical-plans/

Steve Dasseos