The loser internet package

zekekelso

Just booked a cruise that came with “free” internet - but only the loser-level of service. I know there’s no video with this level of service; anyone know if WiFi voice calling works, or does that require the deluxe level of service?

I’ve got the least expensive internet package for my cruise.  I don’t consider myself a loser.  I could afford any level of service I wanted if I chose.  And I’m only assuming that you’re equating means with whether or not someone qualifies as loser.  But frankly I get the cheapest package because I’m on vacation and don’t plan on hovering over my smartphone and laptop for 15 days and depriving my family of my attention. I need internet for emails and emergency texts, and maybe to check my account and move cash around.  I consider it the “Put The Phone Down and Vacation” package.   

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, MotownVoice said:

I’ve got the least expensive internet package for my cruise.  I don’t consider myself a loser.  I could afford any level of service I wanted if I chose.  And I’m only assuming that you’re equating means with whether or not someone qualifies as loser.  But frankly I get the cheapest package because I’m on vacation and don’t plan on hovering over my smartphone and laptop for 15 days and depriving my family of my attention. I need internet for emails and emergency texts, and maybe to check my account and move cash around.  I consider it the “Put The Phone Down and Vacation” package.   

I agree, If anything the loser package is the more expensive one as while they  constantly on their phone downloading their gazillions of data, I will be actually enjoying the cruise and my holiday 🤣

• Like 1

I had the free (basic) internet service provided on the Seaview. I tried using my internet phone while I was out at sea.

I could hear the other people ok but they had a hard time hearing me. It was ok for a brief check in with family but not sufficient for business.