When is a guarantee not a guarantee? When it's a Celebrity guarantee!

caleyjag

2 hours ago, caleyjag said:

I was not expecting to have to do so when the guarantee declares "If the fare on your sailing is reduced or the promotion gets better, give us a call and we’ll honor your choice right up to 48 hours before you sail." 

Exactly.  That's the text I quoted in my earlier comment (number 13 above).  I think you need to ask Celebrity specifically why the double points promo doesn't apply.  (I don't think it's because it purports to be applicable only to "new bookings," because that's almost always the case with promos, and in fact Celebrity doesn't seem to have said that to you, from what you have explained above.)

Good luck. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, caleyjag said:

When we enquired about applying the offer under the best offer guarantee, Celebrity said that as the offer is only available to Captain's Club members it is excluded from the best offer guarantee

Shouldn't the terms of the best offer guarantee explicitly state that "captain-club-member-only-offers are excluded??

3 hours ago, bEwAbG said:

Maybe write a letter and send it to the corporate office to see if that gets you anything.  If nothing else, I would ask for them to explain why the offer doesn't apply.  Some promotions are excluded from the best offer guarantee, but they should be able to at least point you to something that shows you that this offer does not apply.  It seems to be pretty rare that they do not allow these things, so there must be something that is preventing this from being an automatic yes.

I must admit I'm still a little bit confused, and don't fully understand why the offer doesn't apply. 

I think @caleyjag should escalate this.  As a Classic member, it's worth the effort to get the extra points to move up captain's Club levels.

1 hour ago, Turtles06 said:

Exactly.  That's the text I quoted in my earlier comment (number 13 above).  I think you need to ask Celebrity specifically why the double points promo doesn't apply.  (I don't think it's because it purports to be applicable only to "new bookings," because that's almost always the case with promos, and in fact Celebrity doesn't seem to have said that to you, from what you have explained above.)

Good luck. 

I concur.