flight

United actually moved my return flight up to 7am and the ship doesn't dock until 8am but I was able to find another airlines that left around the time as my original flight. Maybe check other airlines?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, MardiGras10022021 said:

DTW to MCO flight (Delta) changed from 7 am to 10;30 am. Cannot change flight, can only cancel. to cancel and rebook at 1400.00.

I have found that airline reps are generally understanding of you call and explain why you needed a flight at a specific time.  Done it more than once.  Typically if they've moved the flight more than a couple of hours, they will not charge any excess fare to get you on an alternate flight.  For example, AA changed ours by 6 hours a few weeks ago.  When I called and told them the new time simply would not work, they let me change the date so we could stay an extra day because that was something that would work.  Call Delta and ask for a flight the night prior and get a hotel room.  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, 80sGal said:

I have found that airline reps are generally understanding of you call and explain why you needed a flight at a specific time.  Done it more than once.  Typically if they've moved the flight more than a couple of hours, they will not charge any excess fare to get you on an alternate flight.  For example, AA changed ours by 6 hours a few weeks ago.  When I called and told them the new time simply would not work, they let me change the date so we could stay an extra day because that was something that would work.  Call Delta and ask for a flight the night prior and get a hotel room.  

THIS!  80sGal nailed it,  They moved your flight substantially and you should be entitled to pick a different time at no cost.  They may not have an earlier flight that day open, and it might mean flying in the night before, but if you are worried about it this is an option.  I think you would have plenty of time to get there still though based on your new flight.

• Like 1

That is, Rule 240, I believe, and Delta does follow it or a version of it

I didn't realize they qualified

If no alternate flight (on Delta Air Lines or a "different airline") is acceptable to you, Delta Air Lines must refund your money - even if you have a non-refundable ticket. ... Delta Air Lines will probably try to reroute you to an alternate flight, but according to Rule 240, they are not required to do this.

Here are Delta's Rule 240

http://hospitality-1st.com/PressNews/rule240-da.html#:~:text=If no alternate flight (on,have a non-refundable ticket.&text=Delta Air Lines will probably,not required to do this.

• Like 1