Port Canaveral pre-cruise questions

amc80

We are cruising on 11/28 out of Port Canaveral. Our current itinerary has us flying into MCO on the 27th, getting in around 5pm. Taking a private shuttle to PC, staying at the SpringHill Suites. I'm now considering changing our flights to fly in on the 26th. There will be 5 of us, including 3 boys, ages 5, 6, and 9. Related questions:

1) If we stick with the current plan, how can we get from the hotel to the port? Taxi? The hotel does not have a shuttle, they use a service called Park Port Canaveral for their park and cruise package, but I can't get in touch with anyone to ask about just purchasing shuttle service.

2)  If we fly in the 26th, that will give us all of the 27th to explore PC. But, we don't have a car. Is there enough to do to keep us busy?

3) For the return trip to MCO, I was looking at RC's transfers that include the jetboat excursion. Any feedback on this?

Keeping in mind this is Thanksgiving weekend so I anticipate a lot of crowds. Thanks in advance for any advice!

2 hours ago, amc80 said:

We are cruising on 11/28 out of Port Canaveral. Our current itinerary has us flying into MCO on the 27th, getting in around 5pm. Taking a private shuttle to PC, staying at the SpringHill Suites. I'm now considering changing our flights to fly in on the 26th. There will be 5 of us, including 3 boys, ages 5, 6, and 9. Related questions:

1) If we stick with the current plan, how can we get from the hotel to the port? Taxi? The hotel does not have a shuttle, they use a service called Park Port Canaveral for their park and cruise package, but I can't get in touch with anyone to ask about just purchasing shuttle service.

2)  If we fly in the 26th, that will give us all of the 27th to explore PC. But, we don't have a car. Is there enough to do to keep us busy?

3) For the return trip to MCO, I was looking at RC's transfers that include the jetboat excursion. Any feedback on this?

Keeping in mind this is Thanksgiving weekend so I anticipate a lot of crowds. Thanks in advance for any advice!

Why not consider renting a car?  That way you can come and go, explore the area and have the freedom to visit any restaurant you choose.  Return the car on sailing day and take their free shuttle to the port.

If you are still want to check with a shuttle service check with Cruise Control Transportation, Cocoa Beach Shuttle or Cortrans Shuttle.

Edited by GTO-Girl
  • Like 1

Rent a car or mini van, at least to get around and then taxi from car drop to port.

You can walk to some food, but any more than that is a hike.

Nothing to do near your hotel. The "stuff to do" is down by SR520 and Ron Jon's

• Like 1

Even if your hotel has a shuttle to take you to the ship that would be no bargain as the shuttle charges per person so it would be less of a cost to just call a cab.  When we were in PC there were three of us and the shuttle charged $8/pp  which would be $24  but instead we took a cab for $10 for all of us 

• Like 1

Agree...rent a car at MCO that you can add the car seats options. Spend your day at KSC. Then return car day of cruise to the Port Canaveral rental office. Use Cruise Control to take you at the end of your cruise to MCO for your flight home. This is exactly what we're doing April 2022.

• Like 2

On 8/1/2021 at 7:17 PM, KINGBOBOFTHENORTH said:

All I can add to this conversation is that I stayed at the Spring Hill Suites - Cape Canaveral back in March and it's a beautiful property with a beautiful outdoor pool/patio.

Thanks for the feedback!