Carnival Mardi Gras vs Carnival Celebration

BrotherCraig

Hello everyone.  I pulled up help.goccl.com today and looking at the cabins and placement.  I noticed there is a difference between the MG and the Celebration.  The cabin numbers are different but in the same locations.  I thought they would be identical when looking at the deck plan - but they are not.  Anyone else seeing that?

Celebration appears to have a longer section of "thick midship" compared to Mardi Gras.

Specifically the area aft of the center bulge on either side.

So that accommodates more interior cabins in that area, thus throwing off the numbering from that point aft.  As a specific example, on deck 14 (deck I will be staying on) there are 8 cabins of class 8F with regular (non-bulge) balconies in that area on each side for Mardi Gras, but 14 (each side) for Celebration, resulting in 6 additional interior 4H interiors.

The bulge area and forward all seem to have the same cabin numbers on both ships (on deck 14, at least).

EDIT: The rendering of Celebration at the top of the "Explore your ship" page with deck plans etc seems to be just a copy of the Mardi Gras - it shows the same aft-of-bulge profile as Mardi Gras, which doesn't match the deck plans.

Edited by ProgRockCruiser
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, BrotherCraig said:

Hello everyone.  I pulled up help.goccl.com today and looking at the cabins and placement.  I noticed there is a difference between the MG and the Celebration.  The cabin numbers are different but in the same locations.  I thought they would be identical when looking at the deck plan - but they are not.  Anyone else seeing that?

Which decks are you looking at? Im in the same numbered cabin for both ships and they are both in the same location. Forward Deck 16 balcony

29 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Celebration appears to have a longer section of "thick midship" compared to Mardi Gras.

Specifically the area aft of the center bulge on either side.

So that accommodates more interior cabins in that area, thus throwing off the numbering from that point aft.  As a specific example, on deck 14 (deck I will be staying on) there are 8 cabins of class 8F with regular (non-bulge) balconies in that area on each side for Mardi Gras, but 14 (each side) for Celebration, resulting in 6 additional interior 4H interiors.

The bulge area and forward all seem to have the same cabin numbers on both ships (on deck 14, at least).

EDIT: The rendering of Celebration at the top of the "Explore your ship" page with deck plans etc seems to be just a copy of the Mardi Gras - it shows the same aft-of-bulge profile as Mardi Gras, which doesn't match the deck plans.

Thanks.  Figure you would reply to this with some info like that.  ha ha  Didn't look at it that way so appreciate it.  

32 minutes ago, sailingships said:

Which decks are you looking at? Im in the same numbered cabin for both ships and they are both in the same location. Forward Deck 16 balcony

I was looking at Deck 14 aft cabins - balcony.  Numbers are different.  Elsewhere on the ship as well.  Forward section looks like a match.  Further back you go, the cabin numbers start go off course.  

Edited by BrotherCraig