Cabin size balcony vs ocean suite on the Glory

imola

I can't get through to CCL on the phone, reservations or tech support.  I am hoping someone here can help.  We are booked on the Glory but can't find anywhere on the site the actual square foot size of these types of cabins.  We have a balcony now but thinking of upgrading if space is worth it.  Mostly concerned about the actual size of the balcony.  DH would like for it to big enough for lounge chairs.  TIA for any info/help anyone can provide.  

• Like 1

I've been in Ocean Suites where there were no lounge chairs just normal chairs and a little table so bear that in mind that there may not be one there but I've also been in them where there was one lounger chair and a normal chair and table. There's enough room but the lounge is turned at an angle- not straight out. The balcony is larger but not deeper than a standard balcony- just longer but I always thought the extra balcony space was nice and the extra window looking out from the room, more so the room space though is nice especially the bathroom with two sinks/tub and the walk in closet/dressing room. 

• Like 1

Agree with what everyone above has said.  There is room for one lounger, two chairs and a table.  The balcony is fairly narrow.  If the lounger isn't there, ask your cabin steward if they can bring you one.  We usually book ocean suites.  The extra cabin space is worth it for us.   

Most balconies will be on the small size but very enjoyable. If you upgrade you will have a few extra feet both in the cabin and balcony. If you want a balcony to stretch out in consider an aft-wrap. Not that is a balcony. 

Thank you to everyone for your helpful information.  After much discussion and thinking we ended up going to a Grand Suite.  I know, it is quite a jump and we will probably be ruined for all future cruises but our 9 night holiday cruise on RC canceled yesterday so DH said go for it so I just hung up from getting it booked.   Look out New Orleans and Caribbean,  Here We Come!!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, grantbob said:

Go to:   Carnival Glory (GL) Staterooms and Ship Features (goccl.com)

Click on the appropriate floor and look for the cabin number. Square footage is listed.

Thank you.  When reading it I notice that the cabin we upgraded to this morning says it has two arm chairs but does not mention a sofa of any kind.  Truly hoping that does not turn out to be the case.  Does anyone know for sure if suites have sofas?   

1 hour ago, imola said:

Thank you.  When reading it I notice that the cabin we upgraded to this morning says it has two arm chairs but does not mention a sofa of any kind.  Truly hoping that does not turn out to be the case.  Does anyone know for sure if suites have sofas?   

All of the grand suites that I have seen or stayed in have a large sofa that has an added wraparound section to it.  Here is a way to check out your cabin. 

Go to the Carnival website

Click explore, then our ships

Select Glory and then the deck plans tab

Select your cabin's deck and then click on your cabin 

A pop up will appear with tabs for details and amenities, also in the picture area there is a floorplan tab and you can see the layout  

I think you will love your Grand Suite!  Warning though, it is hard to go back to a regular balcony after that.