Capacity on Summer 2021 Cruises

Gazroberts80

From my internet searches P&O have not been very precise about the capacity they will be operating at this summer.

I’m sailing on Virgin next week and they have stated that they will only be operating at a maximum 65% of capacity.

Would love to book a P&O cruise as well for this summer but would not be so keen if it was operating close to/at maximum capacity. 

Does anyone have any insight on this?

Edited by Gazroberts80
Grammatical error

15 minutes ago, amfc_lenny said:

So assuming 1300 ish cabins ( I think that’s right?) and 2 per cabin as I assume still no children due to COVID restrictions means about 1600??

If someone could check my maths😄

I believe there are nearer to 1,800 cabins and would therefore assume a 60% capacity would be around 2,000 guests.

There’s a good chance there will be some children, as they are allowed to travel with P&O as long as they are fully vaccinated 

19 minutes ago, kids at home cruisers said:

There’s a good chance there will be some children, as they are allowed to travel with P&O as long as they are fully vaccinated 

Children that are fully vaccinated will have some sort of medical condition making vaccination a priority for them. Not sure I'd take a vulnerable child on a cruise.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kids at home cruisers said:

I believe there are nearer to 1,800 cabins and would therefore assume a 60% capacity would be around 2,000 guests....

Indeed. I have seen information saying 1,836 cabins. P&O state normal operating capacity as 3,647 so 60% would be 2,188. Could be a little higher if they work on 60% of maximum capacity.