Price Drop After Final Payment

woodards

Hi all,

Has anyone had experience of requesting Best Offer Guarantee through a UK travel agent, I am assuming I am unable to go direct to Celebrity and request?

Price dropped a week after booking through 'chilly' TA and all they said is they would come back to me after they have spoken with Celebrity......

Be interested in anyones experience/successes!

Thanks' in advance.

1 minute ago, woodards said:

Hi all,

Has anyone had experience of requesting Best Offer Guarantee through a UK travel agent, I am assuming I am unable to go direct to Celebrity and request?

Price dropped a week after booking through 'chilly' TA and all they said is they would come back to me after they have spoken with Celebrity......

Be interested in anyones experience/successes!

Thanks' in advance.

We received multiple discount offers from Celebrity that we met the conditions to receive and every time Celebrity created a reason we couldn’t get it.

2 hours ago, Stu UK said:

We managed to get price reduced when the Apex prices for this sumner dropped a few weeks ago but it was before we made final payment. We had booked direct with X

Expect we will get it as OBC if we are successful, the 'chilly' ones haven't come back to us so suspect I will be chasing them in the morning.

Was it Celebrity’s price that dropped? I see that some TAs are offering a cheaper deal than Celebrity but that does not count for the Best Offer I don’t think.

From what I have seen, Celebrity have been very careful with the U.K. sailings not to drop their price in order to avoid the refunds, though other sailings (such as Apex) have had reductions as shown above.

3 hours ago, downsmead said:

Was it Celebrity’s price that dropped? I see that some TAs are offering a cheaper deal than Celebrity but that does not count for the Best Offer I don’t think.

From what I have seen, Celebrity have been very careful with the U.K. sailings not to drop their price in order to avoid the refunds, though other sailings (such as Apex) have had reductions as shown above.

Yes Celebrity have dropped price. So I have some level of optimism. 

Best Offer Guarantee is valid in GB

https://www.celebritycruises.com/gb/cruise-with-confidence

Best Offer Guarantee

If the fare on your sailing is reduced or the promotion gets better, give us a call and we’ll honor your choice right up to 48 hours before you sail.

• You may change your offer as many times as desired up to 48 hours before sailing.
  • For bookings within final payment, any amounts owed will be refunded in the form of nonrefundable Onboard Credit. For bookings outside of final payment, any amounts owed will be refunded to the original form of cruise fare payment.
  • Bookings made after August 31, 2021, will be covered with our existing Best Price Guarantee policy.
  • Bookings made by UK & Ireland guests after August 31, 2021 will be covered by the existing Price Promise policy.