I want to get travel insurance for our upcoming trip. We can get it through the cruise line but I'm not totally sure if will cover all travel not just the cruise.

We are required to have a negative test to get on the ship.

I am really anxious about this. I need insurance that will cover the trip even if we aren't sick, only 1 of us has a positive test and hopefully will cover if we need to Quarantine out of town.

We will be pretty much self quarantining for a few weeks before we go and only going on cruise run excursions.

Any recommendations?

On 8/5/2021 at 7:19 PM, furf_n_slo said:

I want to get travel insurance for our upcoming trip. We can get it through the cruise line but I'm not totally sure if will cover all travel not just the cruise.

We are required to have a negative test to get on the ship.

I am really anxious about this. I need insurance that will cover the trip even if we aren't sick, only 1 of us has a positive test and hopefully will cover if we need to Quarantine out of town.

We will be pretty much self quarantining for a few weeks before we go and only going on cruise run excursions.

Any recommendations?

Hi furf_n_slo,

Any recommendations?

All our plans cover covid the same as any illness. 

Yes, but it requires I get some somewhat personal information from to give you the right advice. May I get the following?
- What State do you live in?
- Where are you going?
- What are your current ages?
- What are your travel dates?
- What's your full per person prepaid non-refundable trip cost (not an average)?
- When did / will you pay the first payment on your trip?
- Do you have airfare or are you driving to the port?
- Was any of your deposit paid with Future Cruise Credits that represented money you had paid on a trip that was cancelled or interrupted due to Covid?

If you don't want to tell me on a public forum (which makes perfect sense), you may email it to me at steve@tripinsurancestore.com

Steve Dasseos

What about the situation where government requires quarantine because of contact tracing but since my PCR test is negative the cruise line can arrange for me to fly home to the US? If stay and quarantine many insurance policies will pay for lost days. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hope this isn't hijacking.

I am unvaxxed and looking to take some multi b2b and other cruises thru the winter, possibly different lines, looks like Florida would be point of embarkation. I am NY resident.

Can I buy one Covid policy for several months duration that would cover me thru these different scenarios. I feel buying individual policies for each cruise would be prohibitive

Thanks

23 hours ago, bones774 said:

Hope this isn't hijacking.

I am unvaxxed and looking to take some multi b2b and other cruises thru the winter, possibly different lines, looks like Florida would be point of embarkation. I am NY resident.

Can I buy one Covid policy for several months duration that would cover me thru these different scenarios. I feel buying individual policies for each cruise would be prohibitive

Thanks

Hi bones774,

No, You need to get a policy for each trip.

Steve Dasseos