Dinner Reservations and The Food

taylorbun1

Hello, Ist time Viking cruisers but have cruised many times before.  Will we be able to get into the Chef's Table and Manfredi's after we board?  Currently there aren't any reservations available for these online.  Am I to understand the Chef's Table has meals from a different country each night?  What are those countries and what are the menu's like?  Thx

The menu at Chef's table changes every three days or so. That means you probably wouldn't want to go back more than once every three days. My wife and I have really liked it on cruises we've been on in the past. Usually there are menus from different countries/regions--Indies, China, I think there is one from California now. I think they try to do food from the area you are cruising in. I'll try including a picture of the menu from one of the Viking dailies. If you look at one of the Cruise Critic pages for specific cruises, some of the dailies have been posted and you can see the menus.

Screen Shot 2021-08-08 at 1.45.09 PM.png

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, taylorbun1 said:

Hello, Ist time Viking cruisers but have cruised many times before.  Will we be able to get into the Chef's Table and Manfredi's after we board?  Currently there aren't any reservations available for these online.  Am I to understand the Chef's Table has meals from a different country each night?  What are those countries and what are the menu's like?  Thx

We never book Chef's Table/Manfredi's before the cruise, as we usually decide that day or the day before what we want to eat. If wanting to book for ourselves, or a small group, I check the telly that day and have never failed to get a reservation on the same day, at or close to our preferred time. We have even just turned up and been seated after a short wait.

Only exception is for special evenings/games nights, when we book one of the private rooms, about a week in advance.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, taylorbun1 said:

If you’re flexible you will be able to get a reservation. Below are Two of our favorite menus at Chef’s Table, “A Taste of Britain” and “Lotus”. If you do a Google search you can see others. Additionally, YouTube can be your friend on learning all about Viking dining as well as other aspects. 

Welcome to Viking!  

9BC1499A-3362-4F01-9B1A-7E829AFC8603.jpeg

269D3ECC-B539-49DB-977E-7FB2BA91B5FB.jpeg

• Like 1

Our first Viking cruise will be in February. We are both foodies and keen to taste the Chef's Table but as we are from the UK we are not fussed about the Taste of Britain! But we would certainly like to try other menus. If we book in advance would we know what menu would be on that day or do we just have to take pot luck, in which case we would definitely wait until we are on board.

10 hours ago, Kitekat said:

Our first Viking cruise will be in February. We are both foodies and keen to taste the Chef's Table but as we are from the UK we are not fussed about the Taste of Britain! But we would certainly like to try other menus. If we book in advance would we know what menu would be on that day or do we just have to take pot luck, in which case we would definitely wait until we are on board.

We went ahead and booked Chef’s Table before our cruise but had no trouble changing to another day once we were on board. We added two more dinners there, too; it was our favorite restaurant.

• Like 1

I have been on 8 ocean cruises, and although I understand that there are 9 different menus at Chef’s Table, I’ve only seen 5 or 6 of them. In a 50 day cruise, they rotated through the same 5 menus. Go figure!  I don’t eat meat, so I asked to skip the main course one evening, and they offered me salmon instead. It was delicious!