Denali Land and Sea questions

GrandmaOhio

We have cruised Alaska a few times but they were always family cruises.  Finally we are going couple only on the Land and Sea as DH is a bit of a gold bug and always wanted to visit the Yukon and I like a little luxury in my travels😁. We originally signed up for the 18 day adventure but that was cancelled and decided to do the 12 day with a Rocky Mountaineer add on at the end of the trip.   This allowed us to fly non-stop at a decent hour to Anchorage from our home airport.  The opposite direction is not so convenient.   The other convenience I thought about was being able to travel with fresh food for the land portion.  From my research it seems like there is a lot of hurry up and sit on this tour (not complaining) and an apple and breakfast bar might come in handy.  Also I can bring a immersible water heater, which I will throw away before embarkation, for my own coffee which I prefer.  These few simple pleasures certainly make my travel life happier.  My agent, kindly, bought me a meal a day, so that worked out well.

We are going late August hoping to have a better opportunity to see the Borealis.  Our other experiences in Alaska were May, June and July.  

I am looking forward to any cruise now and might have to drive to Galveston for a 4 day to nowhere soon.  

Edited by Mary229

7 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

The other convenience I thought about was being able to travel with fresh food for the land portion.  From my research it seems like there is a lot of hurry up and sit on this tour (not complaining) and an apple and breakfast bar might come in handy. 

As I recalled my last Denali visit, I counted my "seat time":  9 hours bus ride from Seward to Denali, 7 hours Tundra Wilderness Tour, 9 hours train to Anchorage, and 11 hour flight home = 36 hours of transportation-only sitting in 5 days.  My high capacity portable charger for headphones, phone, and MP3 player came in very very handy. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Crew News said:

My high capacity portable charger for headphones, phone, and MP3 player came in very very handy. 

Thanks.  I do need a new charger.  If anyone has a recommendation I would love to hear about it .

25 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

Thanks.  I do need a new charger.  If anyone has a recommendation I would love to hear about it .

Here is what I carry to charge both my camera and phone (Both A and C outputs).  Buy a 65W plug for this charger so that it will charge very quickly and fast charge other devices when you have access to AC power.:

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-PowerCore-Portable-10000mAh-Delivery/dp/B082WD5TY8/ref=sr_1_14?dchild=1&keywords=ravpower+pd+power+bank&qid=1628799836&sr=8-14

Charger:  https://www.amazon.com/Charger-TECKNET-Foldable-Adapter-Compatible/dp/B08YJLMQGD/ref=sr_1_3?crid=10920DMIFER7S&dchild=1&keywords=type+c+fast+charger+block+45+watts&qid=1628800449&sprefix=charger+block+45+%2Caps%2C211&sr=8-3

with carrying case for phone, camera, and charger in this case:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CNF3PEC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 1