Internet Package / Carnival Hub App Messaging

Victory Bound

I've tried searching for an answer but could not one.  You guys are so helpful, so I thought I would put this question out there.

If you purchase an internet package, does that cover the Hub App messaging feature?  Or, do you still have to purchase that separately to use it?

We are traveling with a group and would like to message others in the group.  My husband and I won't use internet a lot, so only one of us would purchase the package and we would just trade off using the wi-fi when needed.

So my question is, could I purchase the internet package and my husband purchase the hub app messaging feature and both be able to text others in our group.

I hope this makes sense.  Appreciate any input.  🙂

7 minutes ago, Victory Bound said:

I've tried searching for an answer but could not one.  You guys are so helpful, so I thought I would put this question out there.

If you purchase an internet package, does that cover the Hub App messaging feature?  Or, do you still have to purchase that separately to use it?

We are traveling with a group and would like to message others in the group.  My husband and I won't use internet a lot, so only one of us would purchase the package and we would just trade off using the wi-fi when needed.

So my question is, could I purchase the internet package and my husband purchase the hub app messaging feature and both be able to text others in our group.

I hope this makes sense.  Appreciate any input.  🙂

No, separate charge. 

We’re just off the Vista, we did purchase the chat feature for $5 in addition to the internet package which was redundant because our family all purchased Internet thus the normal text messaging worked fine for us.   Please be advised the internet including the HUB was not up to par.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, csm5986142 said:

We used the HUB app and chat feature (but no internet package) on the Breeze recently and it worked perfectly.  As mentioned, each person who plans to use it, must pay the $5 to activate it.

WAIT.... SAY WHAT??????  That used to be free. 

Carnival obviously saw another revenue opportunity and don't give a crap if they get a reputation for nickel and diming their customers to death.

53 minutes ago, groundloop said:

WAIT.... SAY WHAT??????  That used to be free. 

Carnival obviously saw another revenue opportunity and don't give a crap if they get a reputation for nickel and diming their customers to death.

the chat feature on the hub app was never free in the past

• Like 1

11 hours ago, groundloop said:

I swear when we were on the Dream in 2018 that we didn't have to pay for it.  

I was on the Dream in 2017, and we paid for it.

2 hours ago, alpha0meqa said:

Do you get any sort of internet access for free? 

Only if you booked with a wifi on us rate (which has been the default every time I look right now). I feel like maybe they used to at least let you view certain airline pages/apps.

I always pay for 1 premium internet package, and then the chat feature (which is $5/pp, but covers entire cruise, while internet is way more per person and is per day). That way we can all keep in touch, but also have access to the internet if someone needs it.

3 hours ago, alpha0meqa said:

Do you get any sort of internet access for free? 

No.

Some cruiselines offer internet for free but you are paying way more for your cruise.

I like that Carnival is the cheapest and you can pay for what you want.

I've done the 24 hours of internet but preferred buying minutes so I could log in every day, check in with family, etc.