MSC BALCONY UPGRADE

ESCARGO

1 hour ago, ESCARGO said:

Hi, MSC has a promotion for free upgrade from interior price to balcony. They also offer drinks on us + wifi on Meriviglia sailings from Miami. Can you get all these offers together? TIA, Ted.

While it's common to call these promotions MSC usually refers to these as "booking rates".  The only difference is people tend to call the common, longer lived ones like "Escape To Sea" and "2 for 1" booking rates and the more special, shorter lived ones like "Labor Day Sale" and "Free Balcony Upgrades" promotions, but they are really the same thing.  Unfortunately you must pick one booking rate and they cannot be combined.  It can be difficult to change booking rates once made, and when done you will pay the current prices.  MSC also offers "discounts", these can be combined with a booking rate.  Discounts are set percentages off of your chosen booking rate.  They are easier to add, even after booking and doing so won't cause a change to the current pricing.

So the short answer is that you cannot combine the All-In promotion (a booking rate) with the Free Balcony Upgrade promotion (another booking rate).  On the website if you do a general search, meaning not a search from one of the promotion headings which will only give results currently offering that one promotion, you will see you can only scroll through the booking rate offers and only pick one.

The good news is that right now MSC has some very good discounts offered which can be combined with most of the common booking rates.  One discount is if you are a front line medical worker.  It looks like you've sailed MSC before so one of the best discounts is practically every sailing is currently discounted about 20% through the Voyages Selection discount.  You can search these sailings through the Voyages Selection search area linked below.  There is also a 15% and 10% discount section

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/manage-booking/msc-voyagers-club/msc-club-pax-type-515

Edited by Até
  • Like 1

When I saw the free balcony upgrade I called and was upgraded from my inside for $200 cheaper. I was given a credit. But I did lose my all in package that had been included in the inside when I originally booked and selected it.  As stated above online you could pick one or the other not both. At least that was my experience and what I was told when I called. Of course you could then add on the drink package for a lot more money I think.