Mandatory Vac requirement - when lifted?

msufan90

Just be aware some ports are now only letting vaccinated people to enter.  This includes childrens, so regardless of the policy at NCL, you way wish to check the policy at the  ports to see if children can get off the boats.

• Like 1

Question:  if you have unvaccinated children (assuming allowed on the ship), but the country says 100% vaccinated only......can you stay on the ship and not venture off at that country, or is it a requirement for everyone to be vaccinated on the ship if the ship even visits at all?  (Our cruise not until next year, so hoping that there will be some leeway on vaccinations at that time!)

15 minutes ago, Hearthosesteeldrumsplayin said:

Question:  if you have unvaccinated children (assuming allowed on the ship), but the country says 100% vaccinated only......can you stay on the ship and not venture off at that country, or is it a requirement for everyone to be vaccinated on the ship if the ship even visits at all?  (Our cruise not until next year, so hoping that there will be some leeway on vaccinations at that time!)

I believe that NCL will retain their 100% vax requirement at least as long as any countries that they visit do.  I can't imagine NCL dropping the requirement until the concerns greatly dissipate.  They want to be ahead of the curve and not caught by any surprise flare ups.  I have no guess what other lines will do.

• Like 1

I agree with ChiefMateJRK that NCL will continue their 100% vaccination policy for quite some time.  They do not want to be a headline like Carnival was last week and their CEO has spoken about his strong support for people getting vaccinated.  As someone posted earlier, the cruise industry does not want to end up in a situation where they are shut down again, so erring on the side of caution is their best business practice to prevent that.  It's disappointing for those with kids under 12 that they can't cruise yet.  At least there are other places those families can go on vacation - amusement parks, etc.  Been a rough time for everyone and the 'return to normal' isn't a quick and smooth journey.

Let’s hope they extend the credits for families. We are both vaccinated but our 7 year old is not.

Booked for October 2022... but who knows. We can not leave our country (Australia) and barely leave our state so who knows!!!

8 hours ago, letiha said:

Let’s hope they extend the credits for families. We are both vaccinated but our 7 year old is not.

Booked for October 2022... but who knows. We can not leave our country (Australia) and barely leave our state so who knows!!!

I would imagine they would extend the credit for families, but you can't predict the future, especially if the industry hits another slowdown.  You'd think you could be confidant about a cruise that's over a year away, but who ever thought the pandemic restrictions would last this long. 

I hope things improve soon for Australia.  Sounds like you are very limited.  We're in California and we've been all over the map with our mandates.  After the initial shutdown, the vaccine became available for everyone in April and it fairly easy to get in our state, but a lot of people haven't done so for a lot of reasons.  We opened up June 15 - no capacity limits; masks not needed if you're vaccinated, unvaccinated asked to wear them indoors but no one checks so it was basically a "you're on your own" policy; indoor dining back to normal.  Then in early August, we went back to masks indoors for all because of the low vaccination rate and each County has different rules.  Next month is a recall election for our governor because so many people are upset about how he's handled the pandemic response, but he hasn't done anything different than most of the other governors; not responding like the governors of Florida and Texas have ('leave everything open no matter what').  How are things in Australia and your state?

It’s different depending on what state.

In Queensland where I am no current community cases. We had a few at the start of got month and went into a 9 day lockdown. We still have to wear masks but cdm take them off when sitting.

The state where Sydney is is a different cases. 1000 cases a day and is in full lockdown and the border is shut.