Is their a minimum time between booking and the medallion app recognising it ?

defbref

I just booked a UK Seacation Cruise for the 17th Sept and was prompted to download the Medallion App for checking in, however when I go to link my booking, it says booking not found.

Do I have to wait a bit before it is in the medallion app system, seems strange as I booked direct with Princess so would expect the systems to be interlinked, could understand if using a TA.

1 hour ago, defbref said:

I just booked a UK Seacation Cruise for the 17th Sept and was prompted to download the Medallion App for checking in, however when I go to link my booking, it says booking not found.

Do I have to wait a bit before it is in the medallion app system, seems strange as I booked direct with Princess so would expect the systems to be interlinked, could understand if using a TA.

No its not early it is just the Medallion App is unreliable and doesnt work half the time or if you have a smartphone or tablet a few years old it wont work at all.

I had four booked before I started working with the app again some weeks back. First time I brought it up, all four were there. I booked another one after that, and it appeared the next time I opened the app. Don't remember what the timeframe was, but it seemed pretty much immediate. 

When I re-fared a cruise recently and got a new booking number, it took about a week for it to show up in the app.  I had contacted my pvp and she had the medallion team put it on their list to check into, and a day or two after that it appeared in the app.  I don't know if it would have shown up on its own or not.  

Rang them, and was put thru three different agents, none of which could figure out why it wasn't working, so they have reported to their IT team.

Hopefully will be sorted quick as its only 36 days to cruise.

Edited by defbref