Bahamas Travel Health Visa? Excursions?

sljac72

Considering all of our stops are now in the Bahamas, has anyone heard anything about needing a travel health visa in order to get off the ship?  I saw something about it when I was looking around on the internet for things to do in the Bahamas.  I chatted with someone on the website and they confirmed that I would need to have this visa if I want to get off the ship but I haven't seen anything about it on the Carnival website.

Another question I have is about excursions.  When I first booked the cruise there were well over 150 different excursions and now there are only 13 and they are all in Freeport.  Any idea what happened to the rest and why there aren't any for Bimini?  I could understand if the rest were all booked for Freeport and Half Moon but there were never any available for Bimini because I checked the day they made the announcement of the itinerary change.

I attempted to call Carnival a couple days ago about these questions but I was on hold for an hour and finally gave up.  Thanks for any help you can give!

Happy Sailing!!

Sandy

• 1 month later...

I've seen thread after thread with this rumor. There is no bahamas visa required for a cruise ship to dock,

Idk when your cruise is but there will be more excursions posted later on perhaps. Nothing to do with needing a Bahamas visa... just dispelling this rumor. 

On the Bahamas travel information website, there's a separate section for cruise ship passengers - the rules are different for different situations.  Everything is subject to change, of course, but they aren't currently requiring the health visa for cruise visitors.  The cruise lines have ensured their rules meet the Bahamas requirements so far, and I'm confident they'll continue to do so.  

I was at Nassau last week on Magic (we would have also been at Bimini but the ship couldn't dock because of weather 😢 ).  No masking was required while outdoors at Half Moon Cay.

Nassau requires masks both indoors and out, and we were advised to take our vaccine card (or at least a photo of it on our phone) with us to gain access to stores etc. 

The rumors of some sort of special visa are false.

Edited by groundloop

23 hours ago, groundloop said:

Nassau requires masks both indoors and out, and we were advised to take our vaccine card (or at least a photo of it on our phone) with us to gain access to stores etc. 

Hey, now THAT's good intel.  I'd bring a copy, though, definitely not the original.