What make TV on Mardi Gras in cabin?

MPH711

I like to bring my own remote. What brand TV is on the Mardi Gras? When looking at videos it doesn’t have a logo on the front. I know on the Horizon they were LG but doesn’t appear it’s that on the Mardi Gras. 

Maybe someone on the ship now can look for me. Thanks!

Edited by MPH711

30 minutes ago, tree.critter said:

The TV’s are definitely LG, it comes up whenever we turn the TV on. They are mounted in fixed location on the wall about 45” screens is our guesstimate.

Ok, great! Thanks for your help. 

The TV is more than likely a "hospitality" model that has been programmed to exclude certain functions on the "standard" remote, and blocks TV input ports from use. They also usually block access to "settings" screens, and it is all protected with a password, which cannot be entered from a remote.

Leave the consoles at home, as housekeeping and engineering have enough on their plates without needing to reprogram TV's on changeover day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seany527 said:

Curious as to why you bring your own remote.  I’ve packed a lot of useless stuff before but television remote has never been on my list. 

If I want to hook up my iPad to the TV I can use my remote (LG) to be able to change the input. I know you may think that you won’t be able to do it because they have “disconnected” the ability to do that but I will tell you every Carnival cruise I have been on I have been able to. If you find your remote you bring that matches their TV doesn’t change the input you need to unplug the wire going into the TV that looks like a telephone/ethernet  jack. Now you should be able to change the input. After you are done watching your own stuff simply plug that ethernet jack back in. 

• Like 1

You make it sound so easy yet the passengers on the cruise after you will spend considerable time contacting guest services to get a repairman to the cabin because their TV won't work properly

and you'll be on your way home.

For the sake of all of us who are techno-challenged, please ensure the TV is back to the way you found it before you leave the ship.

Been there.....got the T-shirt! Thanks!

3 hours ago, MPH711 said:

If I want to hook up my iPad to the TV I can use my remote (LG) to be able to change the input. I know you may think that you won’t be able to do it because they have “disconnected” the ability to do that but I will tell you every Carnival cruise I have been on I have been able to. If you find your remote you bring that matches their TV doesn’t change the input you need to unplug the wire going into the TV that looks like a telephone/ethernet  jack. Now you should be able to change the input. After you are done watching your own stuff simply plug that ethernet jack back in. 

After we hook up our iPad to the TV can we hack into our folio and "adjust" it? Asking for a friend.