Abbott ID Now Covid-19 rapid test

cruise to live

39 minutes ago, cruise to live said:

Was it the home test, or given at a health clinic.

I don't believe there is a home test version of the Abbott ID Now test. It still needs a machine to analyze the results.

22 hours ago, EngIceDave said:

I apologize, and I did look for it, but anyone know where the chart showing what days we need to get vaxxed by?

Like sail on saturday, you have weds/thurs/fri

or

thurs/fri/sat to get tested?

Get vaxxed is 14 days prior. For testing, a cruise that leaves on Saturday gives you Wed/Thrus/Fri.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 8/17/2021 at 10:59 AM, Shayhooper said:

That last line says that rapid antigen and rapid PCR are acceptable.  That line doesn't that only rapid antigen or rapid PCR test are acceptable.  

Additionally, John Heald has responded that the ID Now test was acceptable.

where did you see he said they were accepted?  we can get the rapid diagnostic test(ID now)  or the PCR at our walgreens but we have to get tested on a sunday as we fly out on a monday so I would prefer to get the ID now as it gets results faster.  we are vaccinated and my personal vacation planner isn't letting me know if the ID now is acceptable so need more confirmation as the 72 hr window on a weekend test and a tuesday morning boarding time worries me.  lol 

6 minutes ago, jwlnroe said:

where did you see he said they were accepted?  we can get the rapid diagnostic test(ID now)  or the PCR at our walgreens but we have to get tested on a sunday as we fly out on a monday so I would prefer to get the ID now as it gets results faster.  we are vaccinated and my personal vacation planner isn't letting me know if the ID now is acceptable so need more confirmation as the 72 hr window on a weekend test and a tuesday morning boarding time worries me.  lol 

The ID Now test is perfectly fine.  And as a vaccinated person, you are held to the 2 day standard.  Boarding Tuesday; testing no earlier than Sunday.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jsglow said:

The ID Now test is perfectly fine.  And as a vaccinated person, you are held to the 2 day standard.  Boarding Tuesday; testing no earlier than Sunday.  

Thank you!!  I can relax now lol.. and just wait for slots to open up for the day we need to get tested.  Appreciate the response.  

3 minutes ago, jwlnroe said:

Thank you!!  I can relax now lol.. and just wait for slots to open up for the day we need to get tested.  Appreciate the response.  

Enjoy your cruise.  I will tell you, the Sunday, Monday, Tuesday protocol is somewhat stressful.  So far we've cruised once with the 3 day testing timeline and once with the 2 day.  The latter wasn't much fun.  But ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

2 hours ago, jsglow said:

Enjoy your cruise.  I will tell you, the Sunday, Monday, Tuesday protocol is somewhat stressful.  So far we've cruised once with the 3 day testing timeline and once with the 2 day.  The latter wasn't much fun.  But ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

Yeah I spent my morning kinda freaking out but I saw the list from John Heald others saying they have used the ID Now one and your reply has helped so thank you! Sunday is tough our UW does rapid but only mon-fri so that leaves Walgreens  and don’t wanna spend $100 for all of  us to do it at home if we don’t have too.  So thank you!  We’re 13 days out! 

Edited by jwlnroe

So, we just did out test.

The prerequisite ask for what reason and cruise was an option.

The test then required what cruise line.

While we tested negative, just wondering if this is reported directly to the cruise line?

Just in case someone tries to hide a positive test.

Curious George.

1 hour ago, doxiegal said:

Jwlnroe, You can also test at the nearest CVS Pharmacy for free.. We tested at the one in Cottage Grove and was able to make our appt 14 days out...You can also use Walgreens as a back up

And pray they don’t cancel your appointment at the last minute like our CVS did.  

Fortunately we had the home telehealth tests as a backup and did those with no problem…