EX Air flight cancelled

Heyref

I just logged on to `re-shop` my EX Air booking re my Jan 2022 cruise.

The message reads that my flight is not available because of a schedule change. Flights will be updated shortly.

Anybody have experience with this sort of thing?

will my prices be honored?

Yes.  Had flights cancelled including one for our upcoming February cruise.  EzAir didn't cancel the flight the airline did.  EzAir will attempt to book you on a new flight that has close to the same departure and arrival time.  You can be proactive and looks for flights on EzAir that you like and then call Princess.  Airlines are cancelling and changing flights like crazy.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Heyref said:

I just logged on to `re-shop` my EX Air booking re my Jan 2022 cruise.

The message reads that my flight is not available because of a schedule change. Flights will be updated shortly.

Anybody have experience with this sort of thing?

will my prices be honored?

It does not necessarily mean your flight was cancelled.  I had the same message for my January flights from SYR to LAX and within a few days the flight reappeared with a time change for my SYR departure.

If you have your airline booking number go directly to to the airline website and see if the booking number is still valid. 

Be sure to check your seating assignments on the new flights they give you.

We just had this happen for February 2022 flights that we have 7 people booked on. We WERE all seated together, but now I am still trying to get that back to being straightened out.

My Delta app is correct, but Princess doesn't see the seating assignments. I am hoping this will sync overnight. Last night I fixed one flight and today Princess has that one. I can't book the seats on the Princess site because...of course...they are already assigned...to US! 😳

Yes I would advise  choosing your new flight times asap,  the airline is cancelling and changing the times and they re-assigned us unfavorable ones in the new booking.  Actually the return flight was at 10:20 am, which there is no way we can get off the ship and get to the airport in time, Delta isn't aware we are on a cruise, lol.  If it gives you the option to go in and shop for your own new times, do it immediately, I almost hesitated and was going to wait for Princess to make changes.  Glad I didn't, the pricing went crazy over the next 24 hours.  My airfare went from $267 on Sunday night to $392 this morning 😱.  So glad I went ahead and changed it out when I first got email from Delta on Sunday.  Went through Princess site and changed everything and it went through correctly.  Now showing all corrections on my Delta app as well. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

Be sure to check your seating assignments on the new flights they give you.

We just had this happen for February 2022 flights that we have 7 people booked on. We WERE all seated together, but now I am still trying to get that back to being straightened out.

My Delta app is correct, but Princess doesn't see the seating assignments. I am hoping this will sync overnight. Last night I fixed one flight and today Princess has that one. I can't book the seats on the Princess site because...of course...they are already assigned...to US! 😳

Same thing happened to us. First leg seats were fine but Princess thought we didn't have assigned seats for leg 2 and wanted us to select them. Of course our seats were assigned with Delta and Princess wouldn't let us book for the same reason as you. I ended up asking Princess for two different seats thinking that would clear our original ones. When I did that, somehow Princess' view of the booking miraculously fixed itself and we were now back in our original ones.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, richmke said:

Is the original fare protected?

Can you choose any alternative flight?

Your original fare should be protected. I haven't used the online booking system to reschedule if the alternative flights offered are a higher price. I just don't trust the programmers. Instead I call Princess and have an agent get me rebooked on an acceptable flight itinerary while protecting the original price.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, beg3yrs said:

Same thing happened to us. First leg seats were fine but Princess thought we didn't have assigned seats for leg 2 and wanted us to select them. Of course our seats were assigned with Delta and Princess wouldn't let us book for the same reason as you. I ended up asking Princess for two different seats thinking that would clear our original ones. When I did that, somehow Princess' view of the booking miraculously fixed itself and we were now back in our original ones.

@beg3yrs Thanks much for sharing what you did. I tried something similar, but it still didn't clear. Next I tried just changing the whole flight and picking seats that were available for the outgoing flight. When I got to the return flight, there weren't many seats available (especially since it didn't clear the ones we were booked in), so I decided it was getting too messy. I just 'x'd out back to My Account. Then I went and looked at the flights again. Too funny. NOW we are back to our ORIGINAL seats! 🤪

Anyway, now we are 'good', though I will continue checking as it seems like Princess has some issues with the EZ Air online app. 

Thanks!

• Like 1