SS Spirit October 8, 2021

amerswed

55 minutes ago, amerswed said:

Is this SS Spirit sailing from LIS-LIS?

Hi, as far as I know it is......I am booked on it and there is a roll call started for it to. I  have not heard anything different so certainly hoping she is still going😃

I among certainly others hope and pray that it does for more reasons than I want to list here the world gets better and travel improves.  That said the circumstances here in my hometown are not encouraging.   We’ve gone from 40-60 Covid cases a day to nearly 1,800 a day.  Kind of hard to explain that away as not bad news.  It certainly impacts our travel plans notwithstanding cruising,

Edited by Randyk47
  • Like 1

I too am booked on this cruise but learned yesterday that you can only leave the ports in the Azures and Funchal on SS excursions. I received no notification but called Silversea and this is what I was told.

4 hours ago, wren2 said:

I too am booked on this cruise but learned yesterday that you can only leave the ports in the Azures and Funchal on SS excursions. I received no notification but called Silversea and this is what I was told.

And whatever you are told today many not be the case in October…or next week… or tomorrow. 😉  Anyone choosing to cruise in this era needs to go into it understanding the rules and protocols are affected by myriad factors and parties, and that changes -- for the better or worse -- occur all the time, often with little or no warning. (These changes go both ways: the passengers on the the first SS cruise in Greece this summer were told in advance that they could only leave the ship on ship's excursions, but on the first night of their trip, they were informed that restriction had been lifted and they were free to explore independently.)

I think that if vision a specific port, or being allowed to leave the ship independently, is critical to someone's enjoyment of a cruise, it may be best to wait awhile longe to do a cruise; we aren't back to "normal" and traveling today requires being able to roll with changes. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I too was on the launch cruise of the Moon and the ruling on only leaving the ship on excursions was changed after day two. On the Azures, it is the ruling of the local authorities as they do not want to import Covid.