Testing prior to flight & cruise?

jen1016_d

30 minutes ago, AlbertaCruisers said:

It does say it is free here (at least for now): https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/us-travel-requirements.

In the US sailings section.

Unvaccinated children are required to take an RT-PCR test prior to re-entry for voyages 4 nights or longer.

Tests required for home country re-entry will also be administered onboard. Testing will be provided free of charge to our vaccinated guests prior to debarkation. Additional details and registration provided once onboard. 

BUT, lots can change.  Carnival was providing free test for people who needed it and then changed their mind, so I'm trying to make sure to have a back up plan and extra time, just in case things change.

Thanks, and you are absolutely correct, things can change at any time. 

This is where I was reading the info for testing. 
https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/pdf/celebrity-healthy-at-sea-protocols.pdf

As I would be on Equinox leaving from Florida, my info came from the very bottom right of the document. I read the bold sentence below and just assumed it wasn’t free, based on them saying specifically that testing is free for unvaccinated under 12.

Vaccinated: No testing needed.
Unvaccinated Children 2 to 11 years old: Complimentary RT-PCR/Antigen up to 24 Hours before debark (4N+ sailings only).
Debark testing is complimentary for unvaccinated guests under 12.
Testing available onboard and is performed prior to debark based on home country requirements.

• Like 1

I just did some research on return testing and found this for both the Fort Lauderdale and Miami airports. Right now you can book as far out as Sept 19th.

Fort Lauderdale and Miami Airports:

• For Rapid RT-PCR test (oral swab), the result will be available within 1 hour.
  • For PCR test, the projected result will be available in 24-48 hours - maximum of 72 hours.
  • For Rapid Antigen test, the expected result will be available within 30 minutes.
  • We offer Rapid RT-PCR for $179, PCR test for $99 and Rapid Antigen test for $69 without state tax.
Edited by ilovetotravel1977
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, ilovetotravel1977 said:

I just did some research on return testing and found this for both the Fort Lauderdale and Miami airports. Right now you can book as far out as Sept 19th.

Fort Lauderdale and Miami Airports:

• For Rapid RT-PCR test (oral swab), the result will be available within 1 hour.
  • For PCR test, the projected result will be available in 24-48 hours - maximum of 72 hours.
  • For Rapid Antigen test, the expected result will be available within 30 minutes.
  • We offer Rapid RT-PCR for $179, PCR test for $99 and Rapid Antigen test for $69 without state tax.

These prices are in USD? 

Here are the websites with the information

Fort Lauderdale

https://www.broward.org/airport/passengers/flights/advisories/pages/default.aspx

FYI It was just updated this month. I had done research before (you can see my responses in other questions) and FLL was only doing 24- 48 hour turn around tests.

$159 USD for a rapid PCR test is the cheapest I've seen so far.

40 minutes ago, Magicat said:

These prices are in USD? 

Yes they are.  And do not include any state tax.  If I was just traveling with a friend (no other family members), I would pay the $179US, but once you get more people, that it very expensive.  However, if you are flying home the same day as you get off your cruise, this might be the easiest (not the cheapest) option, unfortunately.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, K_e_short said:

Here are the websites with the information

Fort Lauderdale

https://www.broward.org/airport/passengers/flights/advisories/pages/default.aspx

FYI It was just updated this month. I had done research before (you can see my responses in other questions) and FLL was only doing 24- 48 hour turn around tests.

$159 USD for a rapid PCR test is the cheapest I've seen so far.

Right.  I just spoke to a rep yesterday, so the info I posted above should reflect the most up-to-date pricing/timing.  Miami airport website has the exact same info as they use the same company to do their testing (Nomi Health).

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ilovetotravel1977 said:

Right.  I just spoke to a rep yesterday, so the info I posted above should reflect the most up-to-date pricing/timing.  Miami airport website has the exact same info as they use the same company to do their testing (Nomi Health).

When I had done my research last week Miami had all those options but FLL only had 24 - 48 hour PCR testing (along with antigen testing but that doesn't help us Canadians).

Very happy to hear they have increased their testing. I was figuring I'd have to fly out of Miami (non direct flight/more expensive) to be able to access the rapid PCR test at the Miami airport.

@K_e_shortHere is the link to making appointments at FLL:

https://testing.nomihealth.com/easy_registration/34/onsite

You must have to make the appointment first, and then select the test type.  I didn't do a mock booking so not sure of that process.

I see where it says $159 under the FAQ, maybe increased the price of the RT-PCR from $159 to $179?  Either way, not cheap!  lol

• Like 1