YC DRINK PKG?

cyndyga

UPDATE: My travel agent says it doesn't apply and is premium...

This is what's in the ad now that I am seeing! I am very disappointed and don't want to spend $2500 pp or more for a Easy Plus drink package! Definitely not what I paid for when reserved ENJOY FREE DRINKS (EASY PLUS PACKAGE): DRINKS UP TO $9 

Edited by cyndyga

Totally agree!   Someone posted a link to the Canadian website which showed that EasyPlus was being included for Aurea.  Can’t believe YC will only get the same package. 

We’re booked in YC for next March and I’d assumed the PremExtra would be the included package.  This is extremely disappointing news. 

• cyndyga changed the title to YC DOWNGRADES YC DRINK PKG?
  • cyndyga changed the title to YC DRINK PKG?

When does this apply? Next winter season? In German markets a drink package is never explicitly mentioned for YC. If this would be true for YC then i would expect lower base fare and I‘m free to decide on higher drink packages. Just imagine one is not into drinks or booze and had to pay for such things and no choice.

I don‘t see such a downgrade as a bad thing per se, it depends on the whole package and the total price. You know excursions are not included in YC. With Viking you get excursions included if you like it or not. I have no problem with unbundleing if it is not a hidden price increase.

cheer

MouseBerry

My Oct 2022 cruise in the med shows Aurea with Easy Drink Package (not easy plus) and I booked through the Canadian site. I've seen the screenshot of the Easy Plus for Aurea but it never shows up when you actually go through the booking steps for Aurea (it always lists Easy).

I've attached a screenshot of what shows up from my browsing on the Canadian site.

Edit: this was for a late 2022 cruise for timing considerations.

01temp.PNG

Edited by GStuart

I’m hoping that that’s just a glitch and that MSC has overlooked updating that section of the site.  Otherwise that is a serious downgrading of Aurea inclusions piled on top of the current downgraded inclusion of Easy for Aurea.