COME SAIL AWAY... FINALLY! Live Review of NCL Encore Alaska 8/21-8/28

drumexpert510

17 minutes ago, NJLVW said:

Brad, loving your live review. So glad you are all having a great time. I am vacationing (in my mind, lol) through your review. So happy to see the industry coming back. Can’t wait to cruise again. Have a great week! 

Thank you! I enjoy it too so it is a win win for everyone!!!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, drumexpert510 said:

I believe it has been because of extremely rough seas when traveling west of Vancouver that slowed us down. 

Yes, that is the same reason we were given last week. I think rough seas are common this time of year and they have scheduled a very tight timeline to get from Seattle to Icy Strait Point for a 1 p.m. port time that clearly doesn't allow for much variance so it would just make sense to adjust it so it is more realistic. It's very hard on the Shore Excursions folks to have to make all of these last minute changes, not to mention on people who have private excursion plans.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, karatemom2 said:

Yes, that is the same reason we were given last week. I think rough seas are common this time of year and they have scheduled a very tight timeline to get from Seattle to Icy Strait Point for a 1 p.m. port time that clearly doesn't allow for much variance so it would just make sense to adjust it so it is more realistic. It's very hard on the Shore Excursions folks to have to make all of these last minute changes, not to mention on people who have private excursion plans.

You are telling me!!! I may have had some professional experience dealing with something similar in the past... last minute changes due to late arrivals are very difficult for a shore side team.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drumexpert510 said:

Unfortunately, I was told no and that is because there is not a martini bar onboard and is not a focus. Now I do know you can get a nice vodka martini at Maltings, but no other speciality one has been advertised that I have seen.

The observation lounge is able to do an espresso martini because they have an espresso machine behind the bar. 

I wonder if maybe A List could do a cosmo or a lemon drop 

1 hour ago, aubreyc1988 said:

I wonder if maybe A List could do a cosmo or a lemon drop 

Have had both from the A List bar and they were good but it is going to depend on the bartender. Hopefully we have the best of the best on board.  And that's the best thing about the beverage package...if you don't love it, go get something else!

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, debenson0723 said:

Have had both from the A List bar and they were good but it is going to depend on the bartender. Hopefully we have the best of the best on board.  And that's the best thing about the beverage package...if you don't love it, go get something else!

what vodka were they using?  the brand can help too lol

4 hours ago, drumexpert510 said:

Tip: When in the observation lounge and If you are looking for a nice cocktail to drink, might I suggest an espresso martini. It is a slight up charge of $3 with the beverage package but well worth it! 

image.jpg

Oh yes yes yes... this is my absolute favorite drink on the ship and worth every penny of the surcharge !!!

4 hours ago, drumexpert510 said:

Unfortunately, I was told no and that is because there is not a martini bar onboard and is not a focus. Now I do know you can get a nice vodka martini at Maltings, but no other speciality one has been advertised that I have seen.

The observation lounge is able to do an espresso martini because they have an espresso machine behind the bar. 

There are 2 other bars that can make an espresso martini.  A-List bar and Atrium Bar

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, SeaTacMike said:

There are 2 other bars that can make an espresso martini.  A-List bar and Atrium Bar

Espresso martini looks fantastic.  Don't judge me - can they make it decaf?  

14 hours ago, karatemom2 said:

Looks like they listened. They’ve update our itinerary for next week’s cruise. 
image.thumb.png.faaac46405c6695acff2e659a6b08d1f.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, home-mom said:

Looks like they listened. They’ve update our itinerary for next week’s cruise. 

Hmmm, no word yet from NCL on our Sept 4th sailing...guessing it is in the works though.

Do agree, the original schedule looks to have been a tad ambitious...

25 minutes ago, Brian V said:

Hmmm, no word yet from NCL on our Sept 4th sailing...guessing it is in the works though.

Do agree, the original schedule looks to have been a tad ambitious...

I'm on the Sept 4th sailing and for some reason it's a different itinerary, not sure why. Seattle to ISP is same though so we'll probably be late too. 

Just now, ClwtrBoi said:

I'm on the Sept 4th sailing and for some reason it's a different itinerary, not sure why. Seattle to ISP is same though so we'll probably be late too. 

Yeah, we do Glacier Bay instead of Endicot Arm and skip Skagway 😐...still first port of call is ISP so yeah, expecting an update from NCL any time now.

Does anyone know if there is live music at night in the Q Smokehouse? They used to have country music pre-shutdown. I haven’t seen anything posted in the Dailies, perhaps it will take awhile to get the musicians together. Fingers crossed!