Probably a dumb question, but….

GA Dave

I have never gone on anything but seven day cruises.  Next Friday, I am on the three night Meraviglia cruise out of Miami.  With just one day at Ocean Cay and a sea day, I am packing very light.  I am driving myself from Savannah so I have no worries about airline restrictions.   My plan was to have my electronics, paperwork, etc in my leather backpack, and then to have my Swiss Gear “overnighter”, a very small roller bag for my clothes, toiletries, etc.  This bag normally fits easily in all airliner overhead bins, even most of the regional jets.

Will they let me walk on the ship with both of these bags?  I read a few recent trip reports from people that boarded early (10-11 AM), but they did not receive their bags until after dinner.  I really want to avoid giving my little roller bag to the Porter if I can.  Do they allow that?

I no nothing about MSC since my first cruise with them will be in October. However, all the other cruise lines I've been on would allow this...also, I found this on the MSC website:

Each guest is limited to checking in:

• two suitcases per person* (not exceeding 90x75x43 cm in size and 23 kg in weight per bag)
  • two pieces of hand luggage per person* (not exceeding 56x45x25 cm in size and 23 kg in weight per bag).
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, NRWPA said:

I no nothing about MSC since my first cruise with them will be in October. However, all the other cruise lines I've been on would allow this...also, I found this on the MSC website:

Each guest is limited to checking in:

• two suitcases per person* (not exceeding 90x75x43 cm in size and 23 kg in weight per bag)
  • two pieces of hand luggage per person* (not exceeding 56x45x25 cm in size and 23 kg in weight per bag).

Thanks.  Just measured my bag and it is much smaller than their not exceeding dimensions for carry on.  👍🏻

Edited by GA Dave
  • Like 1

I don't know if this is the current practice on MSC.  It may have changed due to Covid.

On US MSC cruises, there is a secure carry on location for luggage on the ship. Hand in your carry on, get a claim check, and you are free to go carry on free until the cabins open. Then reclaim the bags.

• Like 1