I'v had it p to here.... with protocols and wondering.....

bjlaac

15 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

Which begs the question, what age do they consider "elderly"?  I've seen some very fit 90 year olds and some very unfit teenagers.  

My 89 year old father has better blood work reports than I do and he doesn't take 1/2 the meds I do. I'm 60. I take after my 88 yr old mother who is still alive but not nearly in the same shape as my father.

6 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Somewhat related?

August 21, 1921

275 passengers aboard a French liner landing in New Jersey are outraged that they have to get vaccinated against smallpox before entering the United States. They refuse to take the vaccine and consequently, many fall ill.

They consider vaccines reserved for “emigrant hordes” and are insulted by the insinuation that they are somehow squalid. Others complained that the vaccine might make their arms swollen or sore. Still others say that they have already had smallpox and cannot get it again.

Anti-vaccination sentiment is nothing new. Famously, in 1902, following a smallpox outbreak, the Cambridge, Massachusetts board of health mandated all residents to be vaccinated against smallpox. Resident Henning Jacobson refused vaccination on the grounds that the law violated his First Amendment rights, so the city jailed him. Jacobson appealed to the U.S. Supreme Court, who ruled that a state can enact compulsory laws to protect the public in the event of an epidemic. This was the first time the US Supreme Court made a ruling on public health.

1921 Live on Instagram: “August 21, 1921 275 passengers aboard a French liner landing in New Jersey are outraged that they have to get vaccinated against smallpox…”

Agree 100%, this is nothing new. Several books on the Spanish Flu go into similar stories. It is so similar, you would think they got pulled off CNN or Fox yesterday.

A blog from University of Michigan https://healthblog.uofmhealth.org/wellness-prevention/mask-resistance-during-a-pandemic-isnt-new-1918-many-americans-were-slackers 

• Like 1

On 8/21/2021 at 3:01 PM, smplybcause said:

We're almost two months into cruising restart and things have only got more strict. I personally wouldn't expect anything to change until the delta wave is well into the downslide and with the north starting to cool down more people will be inside so I'm not sure that downslide will be soon. 

NCL has already stated it will be 100% vax only at least through the end of the year. I'm willing to bet the other lines have already decided that too internally. 

Not sure on the legal side, but I wouldn't be surprised if the CSO was extended. But you won't hear anything on that for at least two more months. 

Just the way it should be,Don't like Don't cruise.

• Like 1